M.P.C. (Multi Purpose Combat) Folder

My personal favorite
M.P.C.5-3.jpg

Specs:

Total Length: 10.23"
Blade Length: 4.52
Weight: 8.64 Oz
Steel: N690 Cobalt Stainless Steel

Good luck -- when will these be available for purchase?

Do you have them at the shop, or would I be waiting for one? Going on a float/camping trip this weekend and it sure would be nice to have one along. Strangely enough, the price of that knife is the same as the cost of repairing my hot-tub. Maybe I can talk my girlfriend into not having a hot-tub for a while. :D

What is the warranty on these knives?

I really like the look of the folders, and they look tough as nails, but the handles don't look very comfortable. How do they feel in the hand? Is it some type of rubber material or is it a hard nylon?

tknife,

My first thought was the same...not very comfortable. But I was very surprised to find they were VERY comfortable. The handles are of a material the Italians call "Anticordal Aluminum" which as I understand is a very hard aluminum that has a hard subdued black finish. I hope you get to see and hold one soon!

Another great looking folder. I think I asked you this before in another thread some time ago, But can you explain the locking mech. on this model please? Thanks in Advance.

The back lock mechanism has a "cross bolt safety" which is very similar in operation and function to a shotgun type safety. The blade can be locked open to have "fixed blade" or can be locked closed to have a safe unopenable knife. Kinda neat!

Originally posted by TheBadGuy
Another great looking folder. I think I asked you this before in another thread some time ago, But can you explain the locking mech. on this model please? Thanks in Advance.

Basically it is a lock-back, and the locking bar has a "cross-bolt" which is a pin that sticks out the sides of the locking bar when engaged, preventing the locking bar from being depressed. The knife cannot be unlocked or opened if the locking bar cannot move.

See this thread it has a good pic of it at the bottom.

Notice the clip on the left side.
Very nice for us left-handers.
Does it come with dummy screws to fill the empty holes on the non-clip side?

In the picture to which PhoulPlae linked the cross pin seems to stick out on both sides of the locking bar.
I still don't understand how it works.
It must either have a depression for the cross pin or one must pinch the cross pin from both sides...or something else entirely.

Since I am a lefthander myself I wanted to make sure the knives were basically ambidextrious. The clip is reversible and the reverse side is drilled,tapped and has the screws installed. The knives even come shipped with two hex tools for the blade tension and clip removal.

One of the great benefits to working with ER is theie ability to incorporate design changes quickly and they really listen to input. Great guys!

The cross bolt safety pushes from eith side. You push the pin TOWARD the function desired. To LOCK push the pin towards LOCK etc.
It is so simple...nothing complicated. The pin pushes into a depression to lock the bar. Simple!

I was able to handle one of these monsters at the show. The man who showed it to me described the lock as similar to the shotgun...maybe that was you Frank? I was a little confused by the lock, but I understand it when you say push the pin towards the function that you want.

-SquirrelNuts

SquirrelNuts

Thanks for stopping by...it was great seeing all of the BF guys. I really appreciate your support.
The M.P.C. received great reviews at the show...look for some serious use by US Gov in near future!

Back