• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

M1969 CETME Vietnam - Era Spanish bayonet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is the right forum for this post, and this is my first sale on this site.

Some information I found online about this bayonet:

"Knife bayonet for use on the 7.62*mm. NATO caliber CETME assault rifle. Also fits on the FR–8 training rifle.*

This example was made at Toledo, INI, Spain, probably in the 1970s.

The M1969 has checkered plastic grips and an unfullered bolo blade profile.* The scabbard has an integral web belt frog.* This bayonet has a very unusual rectangular mounting slot. A distinctive variant with smooth grips and a fullered blade was also made for export to*Guatemala.

CETME is an acronym for*Centro de Estudios Técnicos de*Materiales Especiales*(Center for Technical Studies of Special Materials). CETME was the Spanish government design and development establishment where German designer, Ludwig Vorgrimler, modified the German StG45(M) assault rifle to create the CETM"

Blade length: 9.875"
Overall length: 13.25"
Markings:
Ricasso (Left):* "ET91467B" over a crest over "Toledo" over "INI"

Ricasso (Right): crest

Seems to be in decent but used condition. The blade "indent" below the belly is the actual production edge, not wear.

The blade is greased and I didn't want to do anything to it since it's a "historical" item.

Asking $55 shipped U.S. only, any questions feel free to ask! You can email me at jowilibus@gmail.com

Not for myself but rather a collector friend with much greater knowledge of this era. Could you please post a pic of the pommel and then (if possible) any pics of the blade grind as close to the flat above the finger guard as able? If the camera won't cooperate I completely understand.

Best,

Ok here are some more detailed pictures. The lock and release for the mounting slot both work perfectly by the way.

THANK YOU...nice to have a prompt follow up. I've forwarded the link to this thread for my friend. You have the genuine article as evidenced by the release tab and mount. WAY to many copies of these floating around...

Again, an excellent example of a rather hard to find military item :thumbup:

THANK YOU...nice to have a prompt follow up. I've forwarded the link to this thread for my friend. You have the genuine article as evidenced by the release tab and mount. WAY to many copies of these floating around...

Again, an excellent example of a rather hard to find military item :thumbup:

Wow I had no idea these were faked; thanks for letting me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back