M2 High Speed Steel Knives?

Why don't you check the Benchmade website and find out for yourself. They have a convenient search option that could probably bring up all the models that use M2, if you type in M2 I bet. As for other brands I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Off the top of my head, I know the AFCK, the 710 McHenry and Williams, and the Nimravus are all available in M2. I'm sure there are others, these are just the ones I'm sure of. I'm not aware of any other production companies who use M2, it seems to be unique to Benchmade.

I went to Benchmade's site. I typed in M2, HS (code for M2 plain) and HSS (code for M2 serrated) and got NOTHING. Also typed in 720 (don't know the model name) and it still doesn't show up. Thanks guys!

I've had trouble with BM's search feature too. I've typed in '710' and 'BM-710', no results. So far every search I've done on their site got no results. I think it's FUBAR.

Thanks Roadrunner! I know the Stryker comes in M2, my friend has one. Any other users of this steel?

Try doing a search at one of the knife sites, like knifecenter.com.
If "m2" is too small you can use "high-speed steel" (which won't get you everything, but it's a start).

Benchmade also made some special editions in M2: an Ascent, a 730, and a 705 at least.

The 140HS, 710HS, and 910HS are the only current Benchmade models with M2. It used to be in the 800, 804, 812, and 814 models of the AFCK, but now, the AFCK sports D2. For custom makers, PinoyKnife and Gary Bradburn still use M2.

there is also the 145HS no loger made but was once there also the 835 Acsent II, and the rest of BM Thom got.

i'd stay away from M2 because if M2 is not coated it'll rust. You'll have to DLC coat a M2 to insure against corrosion.

Thanks, Nim. Have one and still forgot about it.

Nonbox,

There's also the BT2 teflon Benchmade uses as well as various sealing waxes. M2 is a gift we should all cherish. It makes thin blades idiot-resistant and thick blades happy.

Back