M43 # 1 by Kesar. Pix and deal.

Standard stuff Kesar does ok. He's got this one right up there at 58 to 60 Rc. You may see a couple of file marks. Good work. 18 inches and 30 ounces of very tough khukuri. Nice saatisaal handle. Good karda and chakma. Usual top notch scabbard and frog by village sarki in new leather.

Only one flaw. Kesar stuttered with the buttcap. It's ragged edged but he's got it polished out so well it doesn't bother your hand. For this imperfection we're knocking off twenty bucks. You can file, sand and straighten in an hour or use as is. Cosmetic flaw only.

So, take this one home for $125.

Call or email if interested.

Attachments

• m43 by kesar #1.jpg
    m43 by kesar #1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 353
I would never get tired of watching those wonderful curves. The design just FLOWS from handle to point...

Andrew Limsk

Quick and dirty review:

Buttcap is as described, looks a bit raggety on one side but cannot be felt.

Karda is thick, chakma thin, almost like they were switched at birth. Both are functional, karda is sharper than any I've received so far. Usually I have to touch them up, not necessary on this one.

Scabbard is Jenny Craig model, i.e. does not carry one gram of material more than is necessary to do the job. Lightweight, functional and nicely finished.

The blade is, wow, just unbelievable. The only other blade I own that is finished this well is my Bura GS. Not a ripple or wave on it anywhere, just a couple light file lines visible on edge of recurve as promised.

The handle is well done. It feels smaller than usual, probably because I'm used to handles with raised rings that grab the calluses on my palm. This may take some getting used to.

The best way I can describe the way it handles is a cross between the Ang Khola and Chitlangi. Smoother than the former, heftier and more forward weighted than the latter. Does that make any sense? It's hard for me to describe.

The steel bolster is beautiful, I love the way it blends the handle to the blade.

I haven't had time for a proper field test yet. Just wanted to say thanks to Uncle Bill and the crew for another fine knife.

And thanks to Jim for not spiriting this one off to the cave before I was able to see it. ;)

RAGHORN,
Now you understand "why" I try to get all of the M43'S!! Wait until you cut with it!! Welcome to the M43 fan club, there's only a few members & it's "GOING TO STAY THAT WAY IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT"!hee!:D
jim:cool:

Been meaning to congratulate you on the catch, Raghorn. The M43 is a little fuller-bellied than I prefer. (I think the Sirupati is the sexiest of khukuris.) But, I really like that forward curve. Someday, maybe.

S.

Back