M43 the Peacemaker of Khuks.

Rusty

OK, it's been about a week now since I picked up an M43 in Reno. Been sharpened. Been smoothed and sharp corners defanged. Handle taken from round cross section to an oval shape. So how does it feel?

Pick up a Colt Single Action Army with 4 & 3/4" barrel. Same feel. Same hang. Same rightness. Nuff said.

Thanks for report from the field. The way you kept looking at the knife and saying, "yeah, yeah" I thought it might be right for you.

( sound of French Horns in background )

...Paladin Paladin, where do you roam...

...Paladin Paladin, far, far from home...

Originally posted by Rusty
( sound of French Horns in background )

...Paladin Paladin, where do you roam...

...Paladin Paladin, far, far from home...

Have Khuk, Will Travel. :p

Originally posted by Rusty

Been sharpened.

Been smoothed and sharp corners defanged. Handle taken from round cross section to an oval shape. So how does it feel?

Bro is the sharpening any easier now that you've had the strops for awhile?
Do they help you get a better edge than before the strops?
I've been meaning to ask you about that for some time now as I've seen more than one reference about your sharpening and you don't seem to be as uptight about it as you did long ago.:)

I like the feel of the M-43 that I got that Art worked on. I can't see anything where there's evidence of someone working on it so I know Art does excellent work!!!!
I've had a bout with very low blood pressure for a little over a week now, 80/50, Dr dropped me off of one medicine 4 days ago, so I'm running a week and a half behind on the things I was wanting to get done of which testing my M-43 was one of.
Looks like Raghorn's horn handled YCS is gonna be later than ever.:(

Originally posted by Yvsa
I've had a bout with very low blood pressure for a little over a week now, 80/50, Dr dropped me off of one medicine 4 days ago, so I'm running a week and a half behind on the things I was wanting to get done of which testing my M-43 was one of.
Looks like Raghorn's horn handled YCS is gonna be later than ever.:(

I've got nothing but time, Yvsa. Take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place when the time is right.

The strops are nice, but basically I'm getting better at using the steels. One is a cheap stainless one that's striated longitudinally. The other is a EzeLap diamond hone. Both are a foot long or a little more. In the future I want to try making steels from files.

There's still too much I don't know about sharpening - for now, I want to practice and get good with the steels.

Rus,
Tsk,Tsk,handles like a First Generation Colt!Where have I heard that before??:D Like the M43, took you long enough!!!
jim(Saint) :cool:

If anybody finds a wheel gun that sets in the hand any better than the CSAA I sure want to know where to get one. Really I think if there is one the Good Lord is keepin it to hisself.:D

Heehe!

Will chop for food.

"very low blood pressure for a little over a week now..."--Whoa! Try not to meditate or relax any more, man (hee hee!)! I also have had low blood pressure/low blood sugar starting in Hi School. Seem healthy, but ya gotta watch those bottoming out feelings.

Maybe you need the doc to prescribe some healthy, heart-pounding new-fangled stress ;-)...Seriously, Yvsa, get well soon!

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

In this hot weather, a set of binoculars and a trip to the local mall to engage in the Australian style of "bird" watching ought to raise the blood pressure by more than enough.

Back