Maggard Razor disappointment ... alternatives?

Bought a V3 head from Maggard. It's deformed, bigger on one side than the other. See photo: http://i.imgur.com/CGMQXbf.jpg

Maggard offered to replace it with another but I've totally lost confidence in their stuff.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced alternative head? Thanks. Also recommend the best value for money stainless head, just for reference (handle is stainless, be good to match). Moderate shaving, not aggressive.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've added it to my Wish List on Amazon....

Just FYI to anyone interested in the Maggard angle; I found out a few hours ago that you can buy the identical head direct from China on aliexpress for 1/3 of the price Maggard charges.

Just search the ali express site for "Double Edge Shaving Safety Razor Head"

That's TWO heads for $6.99 ... shipped

Note: link was removed by moderator. Apparently I cannot post links to offsite auctions.

Last edited:
I'd be looking at vintage, you should be able to find a vintage gillette twist to open, for pretty cheap. Adjustables are a bit more. but if you want new, the merkurs rate pretty high, I don't have one, but from what I've seen they are worth while.

I've got a knock-off "Futur" coming from China ... only $6 from ali express. Search for "Qshave" on that site.

Adjustable-Safety-Razor-Qshave-Mens-Shaving-Double-Edge-Classic-Safety-Razor-Blade-Exposure-Six-Levels-1.jpg

Last edited:
I've got an open comb Fatip Grande that is absolutely fantastic and an old screw on Gillette head with a bulldog handle thats also great if I don't have much beard built up. Both are well made functionally, the Gillette is a cheap design that was done well.

The Futur clones are appealing now that Merkur didn't renew the patent.

Back