Maglite lubricants

More curious then why anyone would bring back an 18 year old thread on maglight grease, is why is anyone still using one?

More curious then why anyone would bring back an 18 year old thread on maglight grease, is why is anyone still using one?

If you don't know, then don't worry about it. Keep buying chinese made battery sapppers that put out a ton of lumens with no ability to focus.

If you don't know, then don't worry about it. Keep buying chinese made battery sapppers that put out a ton of lumens with no ability to focus.
No I keep buying Malkoff

I still have 4-5 battery, C-Cell Maglites , with (now older) LED bulb replacements ( probably about 140Lumens ) and ā€˜window breakerā€ tail caps , in each of our cars. The 5 cell must be from the early 1970s . They are still industuctable. I check the batteries about twice a year, with a battery meter and keep an extra set in each car, as back-up. Once a year , I wipe them down, inside and out, scape the contacts with an emery board and spray everything with generic silicone spray from the supermarket or hardware store. I also have a few long D-Cell Maglites in all our bedrooms and kitchen. Same maintenance schedule. So far ,so good.

I check the batteries about twice a year, with a battery meter

I just bought one of those a couple weeks ago. It's awesome. You can check the level of AAA, AA, C, D, and 9 volt batteries with it in seconds, and it only cost me 7 dollars. It even works on button cell batteries, but I am not sure yet if the reading it gives for those is accurate. I'll have to check the manual it came with, if I can remember where I put it...

I bought it on a whim, but I ended up using it a lot more than I thought I would. It really comes in handy.

Back