Magnetized infi?

j_d

I noticed something odd with my shbm this morning. The pommel area of my knife is magnetic. It's only in that area, no other part. I dont think I have ever stored it near a magnet and it could have been like this a long time and I just never noticed. Anyone else seen this? Just curious.

Most of the Busse knives I have worked on are slightly magnetic this is caused by the knives being on a magnetic chuck during the machining process.

Richard

The fact that it is only the pommel on the OP's SHBM may be due to losing magnetism over the life of the blade or simply because that is where it was in contact with the magnet most

Thanks guys. I got it in 1998. Just shocked I never noticed. Thanks!

In addition, striking on or striking with iron/steel tools can align the poles of the atoms and make the tool magnetic if it wasn't magnetic before-- or vice versa.

If magnetic INFI bothers ya, pour some bourbon over the blade and it'll make the *atoms tipsy and spin off their axis' out of alignment.

*Graphic representation of s**tfaced INFI Fe atoms (not to scale) ------> :confused::eek:o_O:mad::(:cool::rolleyes::confused::p;):confused::D:cool::eek::confused:

Last edited:
Back