main site down?

Well, Yangdu has been in and out here now a couple of times w.o posting anything....

I wouldn't read too much into either things really. Sites can be down for all kinds of reasons.
Things are likely just fine, the server may have crashed or any number of other tech issues... :)

Yes it's still down today, which is a shame because I want to buy a new Khuk! :)

HI website is down and I have been trying to get some help from online technical support , it may take few more days to get the website back to working. Meantime, any of you want to buy Knife from online store just email me what you want and I will take care of order. Thank you all for your patience
Email address
himimp@aol.com

ermmm.... just tried going to the HI FAQ. Looks like the the HI website is the now just the yahoo store :confused:

the store should be up and running according to Yangdu...

we exchanged some emails earlier and she told me this as an aside.

I understood what you were saying actually. :)

I will make a guess as to the reason that the rest of it is gone and only the store remains though.
It was just easier to simply amputate the problem than it was to find and fix it. Which is too bad really.

The site needs a complete re-work.

I understood what you were saying actually. :)

I will make a guess as to the reason that the rest of it is gone and only the store remains though.
It was just easier to simply amputate the problem than it was to find and fix it. Which is too bad really.

Well I certainly hope that the stuff just went down and wasn't entirely lost! A lot of the links were dead and some of the information outdated, but it was a true wealth of knowledge and very helpful - I, among others here, reference it quite a bit

What problem. There is no problem with the website. It is kept for Sales,Archival,Informational,Memorial and Sentimental reasons.
It was updated and any links that could be fixed, were fixed when the online store pricing was fixed. A couple months ago.
The site doesnt need a rework aside from possibly updating the kami section,if and when, that situation should stabilize and maybe updating the new products section with some pics.
What actually happened was Paypal screwed up and didnt make a payment they've been making for years. The host shut down the site. Auntie is having problems getting any customer service, so she is looking into her options.
The store is working fine and the website should be back up soon.

Well I certainly hope that the stuff just went down and wasn't entirely lost! A lot of the links were dead and some of the information outdated, but it was a true wealth of knowledge and very helpful - I, among others here, reference it quite a bit
I'm glad the first sticky still works.

my bad, as usual. :) I guess killa's concerns were non concerns then, was looking for the answer is all.
You are doing a great job with the website Karda, thanks!

PayPal screw up.....:rolleyes: Those idiots have the proverbial cash cow(collect ~3% on every transaction) and still manage to screw up on the execution.
None of our business but how far behind did Paypal let the account get before the hosting service turned the site off? We normally send out mildly worded letters at 60 days then strongly worded letters and a phone call at 90 days after that we turn you off at our convenience and wait for you to call us.

Back