• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Maker Wanted: 5" Hunting Knife with Leather Handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olumin

Gold Member
Hi,
looking for a Knife maker to make me a 5" clip-point, hollow ground hunting-style blade with a stacked leather handle. Im located in Germany, so I would love to find a maker from within the EU, but am of course open to work with US makers aswell.
Don't shy away from offering your services if you are located outside of Europe.

This will be a hidden tang stacked leather construction, threaded & fastened with a recessed, slotted nut in the end cap. I want to be able to tighten the handle if need ever be.

- It is important to me that the shoulders of the tang will be properly rounded and that the tang is fully annealed.
- The false edge at the clip will have to be sharp, im not looking for a blunt swedge.
- Finish work will be a satin on the blade & a mirror polish for the spine, finger choil & and guard/pommel. Im open to both Stainless steel or Aluminium construction for the latter. I prefer aluminum.
- Ideally, Id like some degree of distal taper in the blade.

Standard stacked & stitched constriction leather sheath, with button snap retention strap & a pouch for a small stone.
Not too picky about steels. 14c28n & up is fine with me. No non-stainless steels. Open to premium powder steels if you work with them, depending on the up-charge.

Please post below if you are interested in making my knife, I would also appreciate a rough estimate of what this will cost. Details can be discussed via Email.

Thank you.

Last edited:
When it comes to leather stacked handle, I feel wajgy wajgy is your man.
Good luck in your search.

When it comes to leather stacked handle, I feel wajgy wajgy is your man.
Good luck in your search.
Thanks. Ive already talked to him about this project, unfortunately there are a couple things I want done that he isn't able to do. So my search continuous.

If no one here works with stainless, Id be open to low alloy steels aswell, if nessesary. 52100, 80crv2 or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back