Making the Busse Cordura Sheath a Low Rider

I was fooling around with some paracord today and rigged a Busse Cordura Sheath (standard on most models) to ride low. I find this configuration more comfortable and versatile than it was before. Best of all, it takes about three minutes to rig!

Just take some paracord (I used two strands) and put it through the belt loop of the sheath, through the belt loops on your pants, and tie in the middle. I just used a simple knot, and it stayed very well. I also used a leg-tie on the bottom of the sheath.

This setup is easily put on and removed, is comfortable, puts your knife lower and out of the way (adjust to taste), and is easily moveable (to the back and out of the way, in regular carry config, and in the front for sitting down).

Here are some pics of the three "settings" I use it at:

9127647-5890-02000180-.jpg

9127672-6c64-02000180-.jpg

9127682-e6f3-02000180-.jpg

Andrew,
Thanks for taking the time to post this and the pics. I personally like the drop leg sheaths better myself. I think this is a great way to rig your own.

Good work

Hi:

Please identify the Busse knife in the sheath. Is it a Steel Heart-E?

Thanks,

hanover

I see a bit of para cord towards the front of the handle of the knife. I can't see it quite clear enough from the pics but is it just strung through the holes of the knife? It looks to be something that I might like to do to my knife when I obtain it. Does it help quite a bit on added grip or just look really cool?

Originally posted by hanover
Please identify the Busse knife in the sheath. Is it a Steel Heart-E?

Yes, it's a SH-E.

Originally posted by Blade-Addict
I see a bit of para cord towards the front of the handle of the knife. I can't see it quite clear enough from the pics but is it just strung through the holes of the knife? It looks to be something that I might like to do to my knife when I obtain it. Does it help quite a bit on added grip or just look really cool?

I think you're talking about the paracord D-guard. Check out this thread for more info:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=194828

Good luck :D

Back