Malanika puukko

alongoria

Gold Member
Hello. I don't post very often, but I wanted to share my appreciation of a Malanika puukko by Danijel Haramina.

I requested a small "Maassepan" puukko with a 3.5 inch blade.

It is exceptionally well done. I am a big fan of Roselli Carpenter knives and have owned several. However, this Malanika puukko is on a completely different level of materials, fit, and finish (superb).

I don't have any puukkos from any of the major Finnish makers. So I can't directly compare this knife to them. However, I am fortunate to have a number of handmade knives from some of the top makers, including mastersmiths. For a "using" knife, it is super. I'm sure his knives with more features (brass fittings, birch bark handle, blade finish, etc...) are also superb and would compare well with the best Finnish mastersmiths.

Finally, he was very responsive to my emails and messages, and he was very nice in conducting the business transaction.

Many thanks to Danijel and many recommendations to all who would appreciate a great puukko.

Regards, Adam

He's working on one for me (I hope). I bought one of his knives, and was so impressed that I contacted him to order an EDC/necker and a puukko, both of which I had been watching for a while (but always missing the configuration I wanted when he posted them)

Back