Mamushi vs Razorback

Hello fellow OKT fans,

I’m pondering my next OKT and contemplating between the Mamushi and Razorback. OAL is close and blade length is the same, but they are obviously very different knives. I love the design of both and will hopefully eventually have one of each (and a Trailhand) :)

Could anyone who has (had) both of these models chime in with a short comparison (side-by-side pics would also be hugely appreciated)?

Thanks!

ETA: apologies if this has already been discussed and I overlooked the thread. In that case, link is welcome! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Just a quick note, and I'll elaborate later when I have more time for my perspective.

Size-wise they are in the same class, but for me the Razorback is a small field knife and not one that I would everyday carry. The Razorback has that nice spear point that I personally enjoy for carving and notching around a campfire. If you have overly large hands and the Warthog seems to be too small, then maybe the Razorback would be a contender for a more suitable everyday blade.

The Mamushi, though getting on the larger end for my every day "carrying" uses, I see as more of an elegant knife all around. It has the average daily knife needs covered well with crossover into the bushcrafting/woods bumming realm. Both models have the finger choil grip for a more secure hold on the handle if that is a feature you are enjoying on your Warthog. ,

Pocket carry may be doable for you with a Mamushi, but I personally wouldn't want to. It is a better fit on the belt in my opinion, making it more readily accessible in general use and also in the rare event you would warrant and be able to use it defensively. Speaking of weapons, I think you would find more people looking at the Mamushi over a Razorback, but in the end a knife is a knife and I wouldn't want to be cut, stabbed or slashed by either of them.

I've heard good things about the mini-Mamushi if you were looking for a more compact EDC style blade. I don't think you could go wrong with either but I would look at the Mamushi first then either a Trailhand/Razorback. You definitely need them all!

p.s. I'll didn't forget about the pics, I'll post either here or IG

FeralGentleman FeralGentleman

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Much appreciated!

I already grabbed the Mamushi from yesterday’s sale. :thumbsup:

I agree with you that it falls more into the “elegant” knife category - one reason why I was eager to get one with some nice wood scales - and I immediately fell for its unique lines.

I’m in a bit of a rush, but wanted to reply to say thanks for sharing!

Back