Man, is it sharp

kLJGf
My SS Delics 4 arrived today.

Spyderco Deluxe 4 SS https://imgur.com/gallery/dF1kN

I personally like the heft it brings for its size. Yea, I know that the smooth finish of the SS will be scratched up in short time but hey, I buy knives to use them so...

I finely figured out how to Post pics... How about that? :cool:

Last edited:
I know how you feel, I said the same thing when I got my Buck 110 and say it any time I get a Vic.

It has been years since I bought a Knife, a Spyderco for that matter and I am not sure my Endura was as sharp as this Delica? I'm wondering what the grind angle is when it leaves the factory?

How true!!
:thumbsup:
Joe

My first Spydie was a Police SS in 2001. Stupid sharp. I had never experienced anything close.
The first time I release the lock, the free swinging blade cut the top of my forefinger pretty good. I was in love.

Spydies usually come quite sharp but from my experience my VG10 Spydies have always come exceptionally sharp. Enjoy!!!

My first Spydie was a Police SS in 2001. Stupid sharp. I had never experienced anything close.
The first time I release the lock, the free swinging blade cut the top of my forefinger pretty good. I was in love.
My first Spyderco was a Mariner around 1988 or so. Same thing happened to me released the lock & the blade got me right on the knuckles of my first
two fingers. Some time down the road it "went missing". never found out who took it but they had been discontinued by then replaced by the Rescue
model with plastic handle. The Mariner was all SS, it was heavy but it cut like a chainsaw.

That's a sweet looking knife. No doubt Spyderco's are the sharpest knives out of the box.
It looks like the weight of the handle will feel good in the hand and provide adequate control when in use. Don't get me wrong, I like my Delica and Stretch with the FRN, but there's just something about having a little more heft in your hand using a knife.
I guess I'm one of those folks that's not real particular about the weight of a knife

I do wear a belt and have no desire to run or bike.:rolleyes:

Mine was a Spyderco left hand Executive. Bit me within a few hours of owning it. I still have it :D

At that time, 1983 or so, it was the sharpest knife I had ever owned.

Last edited:
Sharp is something I EXPECT with a new knife. If it is not sharp, I believe something is wrong. Of course, there's sharp and there is SHARP.

My SS Delics 4 arrived today.

Spyderco Deluxe 4 SS https://imgur.com/gallery/dF1kN

I personally like the heft it brings for its size. Yea, I know that the smooth finish of the SS will be scratched up in short time but hey, I buy knives to use them so...

I know what you mean when I got my PM2 it seamed like I'd just need to get the knife near what I wanted to cut and it would...Spydies OOTB are sharp

I really like my stainless delica. It is heavier but slips into pocket nicer and looks sweet. when mine gets a lot of scratches i just take 400 grit sand paper to it and a minute later it is as good as new.

I'll give that a try when the time comes. I was thinking of maybe a rubbing compound.

My first folding knife was a Tenacious, actually I had others cheaper blades before it, unbranded ones. Then I used it for 8 years. Now I have a another Tenacious, Bug, Honeybee, Grasshopper, Delica 4, PM2, Millie and Manix. From other brands I also have Ontario Rat 1 and 2, kershaw Chive and Scallion and fixed blade I have Esee Izula.
I think I’m becoming a knife nut.
All of them, IMO, came sharp from factory.

I love mine, gift from the wife. A little slick so I took some low grit to it. Ended up losing the tip so now it's my beater.

I'll give that a try when the time comes. I was thinking of maybe a rubbing compound.
It works. I also do the same way as microtech but mine is Grasshopper on keychain, so time after time I sand it or just let it scratch to show the “scars”. :D

Back