Manix2 blade switch?

Reviewing those photos it appears that people have used at least 2 different kinds of hardware on these.

Reviewing those photos it appears that people have used at least 2 different kinds of hardware on these.

If you dig around google there are other successful transplants. I'm sure people used whatever they thought would work.

Check out my thread titled," Manix 2 S110V Blade Swap Dilemma Revisited - What to do with the Blue FRN Handles"

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...h-the-BlueFRN-Handles?p=14455101#post14455101

03d55767-6180-4281-a04a-0df0759c6e98_zpsa1118875.jpg

ec25dc36-fdfa-4d18-8525-34a1d2609ea7_zps3bea8459.jpg

DSC05159_zpsa339bfcb.jpg

I think I read that one. You made your own hardware on a lathe though didn't you. Not really easy for the majority. It'd be different if we can find the hardware to be more of a plug and play.

Oh by the way that black blade on the blue handles is sweet. That should be a production model right there.

Good pics in that link. I see Razorburn posted in there as well. (Edit - and here now too!) Looks like his first attempt at modding the Manix 2. When researching, I think I found links to a few knives he has done. My example has all the pins removed and torx screws are in their place and looks and works like it came from the factory this way. I have the translucent BD1 Manix2 LW as well. The S30V is a nice upgrade and fun to compare the two steels.

roger that
so as suspected he drilled the rivets out. which is cool if you can do it nicely you can keep the original scales. I liked his idea of getting a cheaper model with the g10 ( which is ironic) and swap the blades. would be nice to find a better spring for the accces lock and a nicer looking finger pull while i'm at it. Even if i don't change the scales i really didn't think about it time of purchase, but sometimes you just need to get in there for a good cleaning.
Those g10 look nice in his pics.
Anyway, thanks for all the help and advice.

roger that
so as suspected he drilled the rivets out. which is cool if you can do it nicely you can keep the original scales. I liked his idea of getting a cheaper model with the g10 ( which is ironic) and swap the blades. would be nice to find a better spring for the accces lock and a nicer looking finger pull while i'm at it. Even if i don't change the scales i really didn't think about it time of purchase, but sometimes you just need to get in there for a good cleaning.
Those g10 look nice in his pics.
Anyway, thanks for all the help and advice.
This thread is over 6 years old! Since then a few more people have done and documented the conversion to screws and told where they got the hardware. However now you can also buy the G10 Manix 2 with S110V blade, certainly for less money than going to the trouble of converting a LW version. Of course if someone really wanted to convert one or swap parts just for grins then that is reason enough. And now you can get options for the plastic ball cage and I think I've seen where people modified the spring.

Several have found the link above no longer works for some reason or another.

Please try the one below

Back