• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mantis Bottleneck Bali-Song Style Keychain Knives

KnifeCenter

Dealer / Materials Provider
Jared from Mantis Knives was just here showing us some of his new products. The Mantis Knives Bottleneck Bali-Song Style Keychain Knives are just some of the ones he showed us. A G&G Hawk Collaboration with Mantis Knives. It's bali-song style bottle opener and keychain. It's available with a black coating or bead blast finish in either a single or double edged blade. You can put your order in now and it will ship as soon as Friday. Available for $32.95.

Last edited:
i don't imagine it flips very well; the bottle opener would be in the way, for one things, and the handles are too far apart to flip reliably.

Obviously, these knives aren't large enough to do the full normal flipping routines, but some good ones can be had if you are inventive.

These are very cool little balisongs. If you look closely, you can see tiny cutout slits in the handles. These work like springs so that as you bring the handles together, they allow them to stretch so that the clip has tension as it locks the knife closed or open.

Obviously, these knives aren't large enough to do the full normal flipping routines, but some good ones can be had if you are inventive.

These are very cool little balisongs. If you look closely, you can see tiny cutout slits in the handles. These work like springs so that as you bring the handles together, they allow them to stretch so that the clip has tension as it locks the knife closed or open.

that's the problem with most Mantis knives: they look cool, but Jared isn't a knifemaker. most of the designs are only meant to look cool, not to be useful.

it all boils down to marketing; while Lynn Thompson trash talks the competition and makes videos of knife abuse, Jared designs knives that look like something out of a 'Blade' or other sci fi movie, because he thinks they'll sell better. he's not far off; people are eating it up, like i did, until i actually tried to use them. i'm speaking as someone who's actually owned and used his knives, not as a knife snob Strider/Sebenza fanboy.

Back