Mantis knives vs Kershaw or Spyderco

ilovekershaws

Basic Member
Whassup guys! I recently discovered a knife company called Mantis knives. They make some pretty cool looking knives with pretty good materials like S30v, 154CM, etc. and their prices are on par with Kershaw & some of the cheaper Spydercos. So I was wondering how Mantis knives actually compare to Kershaw or Spyderco. Any info on the strength of the heat treat on the Mantis knives? Thanks

You likely won't find much info here. Mantis spammed BF a couple of years ago (They offered rewards to their "mantis army" for posting anonymous positive reviews of their products on several different knife forums. They told their members to sign up just to post the spam.)

Mantis also got caught advertising high end blade steel but providing low end on the actual items.

Mantis has a very, very bad rep here.

Mantis is not the most reliable source of working cutlery. :D

They are actually about as big a joke here as Dark Ops knives.

Are braille keyboards expensive? I've always wondered.

Great line.

I was in the men's room of the Central Park Zoo in New York one day, and noticed a sign in Braille -- above the mirror in front of the sink, where most blind people could hardly reach it, even if someone told them it was there. :p

Great line.
I was in the men's room of the Central Park Zoo in New York one day, and noticed a sign in Braille -- above the mirror in front of the sink, where most blind people could hardly reach it, even if someone told them it was there. :p

Let me guess. It said.........."You better wash your hands after reading this!":D

I do not own and have never handled a single Mantis knife. They do not appeal to me in the least. I do hear they make better hats than knives though.

Mantis Knives are for Mall Ninjas. A local retailer in my neck of the woods has begun to stock a couple of Mantis knives, a karambit model called the "Encore" and a small butterfly keychain-type knife called the "Bottleneck." Flea market rubbish is the term that came to mind as I examined them. Their cheap packaging and appearance alone reminds me of the junk you see in BudK catalogues. You know, those cheap China-made junk knives that look like they were designed for Klingons and marketed towards young Mall Ninjas. I've not seen any of their supposed higher-end models, but after browsing their website I have no desire to.

Alright...thanks everybody for the input. Will definitely save my money for more of those Kershaws & Spydercos!

Well, I have one of the kermabits, and it's ok and all, but I'm not that impressed by any means. I had another one (the churchkey) but I gave that one away. But overall you could do much worse really.

I don't know - don't you think this looks pretty cool....

ead9af1a17c4a5ec131c82c74f1fbf77796dffaa14864c0f52b70c0087a1d8485g.jpg

:)

Lol, talk about form before function! They look like they would be really uncomfortable to hold, and the grinds look like they are done more for decoration than actual cutting performance.

Mantis also got caught advertising high end blade steel but providing low end on the actual items.
and that is just ridiculous.

they really do remind me of those chinese knockoffs you see on ebay trying to be passed off as spyderco's, buck's, benchmades etc. made to look cool, and nothing else, given some BS steel name when it really is going to be cheap chinese 316 stainless, 420 if you're lucky

PS-The names of their models are pretty hilarious. LOL, Garbanzo? That's the name of the bean that hummus and falafel is made of :p. Seymour? Pry Bar? Class Act? Isosceles? Sounds like they're name by people who don't speak english

Back