Off Topic Marbles Gladstone knife

Hello fellow knife enthusiasts. I just made an account so im new to this forum. Im making this post because i need help identifying the age of a Marbles Gladstone hunting knife that was given to me by my neighbor before he died. I couldnt find much on google so i figured id post on a knife forum for some help. It looks like a rat tail tang that has a threaded brass set nut inside the aluminum pommel. I read somewhere you can date the age of a marbles gladstone by the color of the leather and brass washers that make up the top and bottom of the handle but i couldnt find a sequence that matched what i have. Might have had the sheath with it but i cant find it now and the leather was pretty rough. Been using an extra shrade sheath i had laying aroung to carry it. If anyone on here can help me date this knife id appreciate it. I think im in the right sub section for this post but if im not please bear with me im new here.https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/Calebrbrk/20220529_152317.jpg

That has mistakes in it.

Eg - They claim this is a 1905 Trailmaker -

Trailmaker-dated-to-1905.jpg

:(.

Also, there is no "spacer code" for old Pre Stewart Marbles.

The stamp looks pre WWII, also measure the pommel nut, they moved to a 3/8" early mid 1920's.

Last edited:
That has mistakes in it.

Eg - They claim this is a 1905 Trailmaker -

Trailmaker-dated-to-1905.jpg

:(.

Also, there is no "spacer code" for old Pre Stewart Marbles.

The stamp looks pre WWII, also measure the pommel nut, they moved to a 3/8" early mid 1920's.
Good to know. I was able to date my Marble's Fieldcraft (1999) and Campcraft (2002) from Mike Stewart's shop, both in 52100. A few years ago I came across a well-used Marble's knife and sheath in a Tucson antique shop, marked $5 -- until I examined the tag more closely -- it actually said $500.

The A in Marbles has no serif. These were made during the WW2 years. Before the war, the A had a left hand serif, and a right hand serif from the late 40s onward after the war.
Right hand serif-
ptmW98Dl.png
Yes, I didn't see the large photo of the stamp the first time around, and trusted my eyes on the little photo :/. That was a mistake :).

Back