Mardi Gras

jaz322

Gold Member
Not a lot of bushcrafting in NOLA this weekend but sure makes for a cool pic?!

Anyone else celebrate mardi gras?

LoZYJIK.jpg

Last edited:
My aunt and uncle live about 150ft away from where Endymion stages, and they have a big block party every year. Baby girl and I ran around, ate, and danced for 4-5 hours yesterday. I've got half a dozen co-workers that ride, so we caught them before the parade started and got baby girl some blinky goodies. We left before the parade started moving, though. We were both tuckered out. I'm not huge on parades, myself, but I'll be somewhere on Tuesday so my daughter can get some more excitement.

Have been visiting New Orleans once to twice a year for the last 26 yrs. I would post the pics, but they would probably get me banned and I have to many knives left to buy.

Amazing how the whole town parties. One time I just stumbled upon and crashed a random neighborhood party. Still the best block party that I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy.

Mardi Gras is an excellent time to practice survival skills. Foraging for food, drink and bathrooms is an art.
So true. Bathrooms are the most elusive of the three.

As a future point of reference, there are a ton of potty houses lined up at lee circle....if you’re brave enough. This was the view of them from my hotel room, which also looked down the st charles parade route at night. If you want to catch a bunch of ‘blinky goodies’ as Wurrwulf Wurrwulf put it, go to lee circle for a parade! You can walk right up to the fence in spots, which was impossible as I got closer to canal.
046918CC-C392-4C2A-AA08-EFC13B7AA0E2.jpeg

Wish I could visit as much as y’all do. I get there about once every 3 yrs. Picked up a ton of smoked cajun meats again on this trip, a lot of which will be coming to Trackrock with me!

Also enjoyed some crawfish at a place in the westbank that looked like a freakn bait shop! They were the best!!
13A2C09C-465D-4A7B-846A-E891FD3ABC5E.jpeg

Wish I could visit as much as y’all do. I get there about once every 3 yrs. Picked up a ton of smoked cajun meats again on this trip, a lot of which will be coming to Trackrock with me!

View attachment 1085898

Heading home for a wedding in a few weeks. In fact, it's the same weekend as Trackrock so I'll miss out this year. I already have my shopping list ready. Jacob's in Laplace, Gnarly Barley, sack of oysters and maybe a sack of crawfish for a boil once I get back home. Plus the usual poboys and a stop for banh mi at Dong Phoung on the drive back.

Heading home for a wedding in a few weeks. In fact, it's the same weekend as Trackrock so I'll miss out this year. I already have my shopping list ready. Jacob's in Laplace, Gnarly Barley, sack of oysters and maybe a sack of crawfish for a boil once I get back home. Plus the usual poboys and a stop for banh mi at Dong Phoung on the drive back.
Dong Phoung was making the best king cakes this year....better than Randazzo’s and La Louisiane, in my opinion.
At the moment, crawfish are running about $100/sack. Prices should get better before you get here though. ;)

If'n ya running down hwy 90 west, you'll run thru New Iberia. There is a little place called Bon Creole. Thee best seafood & chicken-n-sausage gumbo & 2nd best poboys (very over stuffed). Also, Janes' Seafood is a great place to stop. Get there before they open, cuz an hour after opening, you'll be waiting in line. Keep running down 90 west & as you slip into Broussard, BJ's has thee best poboys. Ol' Time Grocery in Lafayette is run by the same peeps so poboys are the same. Gettin a couple sacks of crawfish in a few weeks. Can't wait. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can't even tell you how much I miss parades. Cajuns have them for just about everything. Kid looses a tooth, parade. I miss that a lot.

Back