Marine Raider

Phil,
During WWII some of the Marine “Raider” units used a double edge fighting knife similar to the S/F. Question is was Camillus one of the original manufactures of the US made models? And if so … have any survived in the company archives?

Last: How about a re-make … I can’t be the only guy who loves that knife.
smile.gif

Scott,
Phil can answer this one better than I , but I'll tell you what I know. I was working for Camillus when the produced a very limited number of Marine Raider Stilleto's in the early 90's. They were built as I understood it, on original WW2 blades that were found in storage at Camillus. They were sold out in short order. Camillus was THE supplier of Marine Rader Stilleto's [WW2]. The repro's were very nice, and delivered in glass topped wooden display boxes. Phil can tell you how many were 'finished out' in the 90's, but I think it was under 1000, the number 600 sticks in my head for some reason. Very nice piece,...alot of history.

Will Fennell/Ex Camillus Sales Guy

Scott,
Will has pretty much said it all!
Camillus, to my knowledge, was the sole producer of the Marine Raider Stilletto.
The reproductions were original blades in pewter handles rather than the original cast zinc.
Yes, we have an original in the archives! Probably the most collectable Camillus military knife! I have seen them trade for $1500 with intact point & guard tips with clean sheath.

Zap

[This message has been edited by Phil Gibbs (edited 24 March 1999).]

Zap.

[This message has been edited by Phil Gibbs (edited 24 March 1999).]

zap

[This message has been edited by Phil Gibbs (edited 23 March 1999).]

Back