Market for 21 vs 31

gamma_nyc

Gold Member
Which model is more in demand these days?

Are the 21s going up in value vs 31?

Which is more desirable, the drop point or the insingo? Micarta or plain Jane?

As a collector of Sebenza, I continue to buy 21s as I find them. The one 31 I have is plenty.

31 DP are in stock and gathering dust on shelves. I think the soon to be released ( guessing here) run of 31 Insingo will fly off the selves if they even last long enough to get to the shelves.

As far as value, the 21 have reached and are holding at the 475-525 mark and I will expect them to stay there for a bit.

Last edited:
It's hard to say which one is more in demend. It depends on how you look at it.

Just get one you like there all great. Everyone will have a different opinion.

Well, they arenā€™t making 21s anymore so thereā€™s that. 31s on the other hand should be prevalent for the foreseeable future (although you may need to be a little patient if you have your heart set on a certain configuration that isnā€™t currently in stock anywhere.)

They both resell well. 31ā€™s always sell out online. I stick to 21ā€™s, except for a pair of Knifeart CF Insingos. A 21 with inlays is a ā€œclassicā€ design to me, pun intended.

Not shure what the market demands, but if u take $ out of the equation I'll take a 31 over 21 with no hesitation.

I only have 2 small 21's, but if I had a large I would sell it in a heart beat cause I like my 31 better with all its improvements.

I like drop point n plain the best.

I'd say the 21 with inlays would be the more valuable one since it's not available anymore and many people consider the inlay design of the 21 to be more aesthetically pleasing (me included). Also, the 21 had some inlay options that aren't available on the 31, so those would be especially collectible.

If you want Magnacut then you are getting a 31. I like the 21 and I am trying to get an Insigno blade. If you watch the for sale section you can see the price point where the 21 does not sell quickly. There are a couple on there now that are not moving.

I love them both. There are fans of both out there. Part of the challenge for pricing currently is the state of the economy and availability of discretionary spending.

As far as value, the 21 have reached and are holding at the 475-525 mark and I will expect them to stay there for a bit.

This. There are a few out there at $600+ or $700+ just sitting, not even NIB. Last large inlay I paid $440 G&S for. You need a special buyer to go $100+ over MSRP for something with worn ano or aftermarket thumbstuds.

This. There are a few out there at $600+ or $700+ just sitting, not even NIB. Last large inlay I paid $440 G&S for. You need a special buyer to go $100+ over MSRP for something with worn ano or aftermarket thumbstuds.
I just paid that for a NIB 21 PJ and was not at all unhappy. That's less than retail if adjusting the dollar back to 2018 so the deals are out there and will hold as long as the new guys ( no offense , I know how exciting it is to find a grail ) don't emotion buy the 1st one they get a chance at.

Back