Markings on latest shipment.

I asked that the kamis first name in Devanagari be scribed into the blade rather than the mark. We just got unpacking the latest shipment and here's the marking we got.

Bura is using his moon and English letters. LB (Lal Bahadur)

Sanu is using his sign of the cross with English letters SN ("S"a "N" u.) Get it?

Murali decided he liked to Nepal flag, too, so he is using Durba's then Kesar's mark, the flag, along with MR. ("M"u "R"ali.) Get it?

And so on.

I have sent email asking one more time for the first name in Devanagari.

Stay tuned.

Now you see how special orders without a model can go wrong.

I'm sure it's frustrating, but I gotta admit I laughed when I read this. Especially the flag being appropriated again. (Seriously, maybe you should let the flag stay under the circumstances, seems patriotic.)

Upside is, they're generating all kinds of future collectors items, like mis-stamped coins or mis-printed stamps!!! Buy these up and save 'em for the kids.

Yeah, we don't want it to be too easy for the Antiques Roadshow people...

I do like the idea of the symbol and name or initials together, but if it's really the apprentice doing it, it doesn't much matter as long as the maker is identified.

is only marginally accurate on well-researched 18th - 19th century weapons. Unless one of their future "experts" downloads and saves the entire HI Forums (BF & KF), they'll never figure out the Shop 1, Shop 2, BirGorkha, serial-numbered, KGR-engraved, mark of the kami(s) stamped, Made-in Nepal stamped, village vs. HI history. They'll be lucky to figure out it's a "big Nepalese kukri, worth $1000-1500 at auction". (Of course, with gasoline at $20/litre, that future value won't be so exciting:D ).

Originally posted by firkin
I'm sure it's frustrating, but I gotta admit I laughed when I read this. Especially the flag being appropriated again. (Seriously, maybe you should let the flag stay under the circumstances, seems patriotic.)

Upside is, they're generating all kinds of future collectors items, like mis-stamped coins or mis-printed stamps!!! Buy these up and save 'em for the kids.

Ya, I bet the Bura with half-moon and LB initials will fetch high prices :)

I can't keep up with it myself and wish the best luck to that antique expert 100 years down the line.

Standard stuff with 2 or 3 special orders. Nice silver mounted bone handled Gelbu Special came in as special order. No time for pix, tho.

Bill,
I seem to remember ,I think I ordered that!:D If you can't find any parerwork on that, or on a M43 or a couple of the Katanas ,just mail them & the amt. of $$$!
jim:rolleyes:

I seem to remember ,I think I ordered that! If you can't find any parerwork on that, or on a M43 or a couple of the Katanas ,just mail them & the amt. of $$$!

Shameless! Sad to see what the end stages of UNTREATED HIKV looks like isn't it?:( :p :p ;) :D

The Caveman is going to have to do some excavation work if he keeps it up. He's running out of room.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
Nice silver mounted bone handled Gelbu Special came in as special order. No time for pix, tho.
:eek::D*pant pant* Uncle, if you don't have time to take a pic, would you ask the lucky person too? I bet a lot of us would LOVE to see it.:D

Back