• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Martin White Pearl Assisted Opener

White pearl assisted opener has a 3" blade of twisted nickel damascus, knurled stainless thumbstud and an overall length of 7 5/8". Mosaic damascus bolsters are hot blued, the titanium liners and pocket clip are anodized. Fast and slim in pocket. Price is $700.00 and includes a zippered case and shipping in the US lower 48.

Peter

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 192
  • PICT0098.jpg
    PICT0098.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 282
  • PICT0101.jpg
    PICT0101.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 100
Wow! thats beautiful, excellent detail. Wish I had the extra cash.

Good Luck with your sale.

Jules

what does "assisted opener" mean ? assisted by the thumb stud ? is it flickable ? thanks, roland

Hi Roland, assisted opening operates like a switchblade without the release button. Once you start to open the knife with your thumb, the spring takes over and pops the blade open. This one is has a healthy spring so she's pretty quick, as fast as any switchblade I've made or operated.
The assists are cool in the fact that they are legal, at least in most areas. Peter

thanks Peter, i have visited your website ( it's like a fine art gallery in the form of knives) and now see how the Cam Assisted Opener works.
unfortunately any assisted opening by a spring is not legal in Canada (nor is any flickable knife). i am a novice in custom knives but think yours among the most strickingly beautiful i have seen. roland

First of all, beautiful knife you got there.

thanks Peter, i have visited your website ( it's like a fine art gallery in the form of knives) and now see how the Cam Assisted Opener works.
unfortunately any assisted opening by a spring is not legal in Canada (nor is any flickable knife). i am a novice in custom knives but think yours among the most strickingly beautiful i have seen. roland

Although it may have a tough time getting through Canadian Customs, Assisted Opening knives are legal in Canada. The law prohibiting switchblades states more or less that anything that can be opened by pushing something on the handle is illegal. Since in this case you have to push on the thumb stud, it is fine. This is in no forms legal advice, because I'm sure it would be a touchy issue at customs, but just to let you know, AOs are legal. In fact you can buy many in Canada; the Kershaw line being the main one.

criminal code of Canada, section III, Bill C68, "prohibited weapon" description is open to interpretation. i believe most Customs officiers would interpret this knife as "prohibited", unless it was altered to de-activate the spring assist, and tightened down so as to be definitely not flickable. that said, it's a most beautiful knife i would be proud to own. roland

Peter, that is one beautiful piece! Is it possible for the user to de-activate the spring assist relatively easily if needed?

De-activating the spring on this knife is not an option. Future assists that I make will probably have the convertable option, but it'll take some time to do the R&D and impliment the mechanics.
Peter

Back