1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland Knife Law Question

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by Nick Ballec, Jan 14, 2018.

1. glistam

glistam

Dec 27, 2004
    You would have to be a bit more thorough in that evaluation. Think of a person in your life who doesn't know anything about knives. Would they be able to look at it and know it's a knife? Better yet, put it in your pocket and ask them.

Also don't engage in criminal behavior and thereby give the police a reason to be going through your pockets in the first place.

MTHall720 likes this.
  2. MTHall720

MTHall720

Sep 21, 2010
    I have debated many times whether to carry an auto knife since I would only do that if it had a pocket clip. Almost every thing I have read on this subject sounds like the very best way to avoid trouble is simply not doing anything that would call unwanted attention to yourself by a Leo.

3. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I would not carry an auto in MD.

MTHall720 likes this.
  4. Brhowser87

Brhowser87

Aug 3, 2016
    Nick, fellow MD native here (arbutus). I've been a member here for a little while, I don't posthink much as to my knowledge does not extend as far in this subject as most here. I am a fellow knife knut with a now small collection by due to my past experiences with ignorant law enforcement in this state I Carry a small piece of paper in my wallet with MD knife law, statute numbers and pertaining case law.

MTHall720 likes this.