Mass Production of Nordooh Knife - Request

Hello,

Congratulations on you own group.

Question:

Could you please mass produce the Nordooh using the new S30V steel.

I know the Raven is out, but I predict this will be a favorite. More aggressive texturing on the hand grip would be appreciated.

If the handle was in G10 like the Mad Dog, it would be electrical shock proof and be better in colder climates, both due to the lack of exposed steel.

A response from Rob would be appreciate.

Comments in general are welcome.

Regards,

BB

I would think that the "specialized purpose" of non-conductivity would only be usefull to a very small group of people out there. Probably not enough to justify switching to G-10 on that idea alone. Plus, if I recall correctly, G-10 is a real pain in the butt to work with. Not so good for the lungs either. But, Rob uses G-10 for his Raven series, I think. So, there is distinct possibility that his larger Mid-Tech knives would carry such a handle. I have one of the first MT Ravens with the "gunner grip" texturing. I find it to be grippy enough for any situation I could conceive. The pictures might not show this, but I promise it will be grippy enough. I believe Rob has a few other knives slated for the MT line, so a Nordooh would probably be a ways off. Hope this helps.

Man, what a forum name! :)

If the Nordooh gets in the Mid-Tech line it will indeed have G-10 handles, but that knife just wont work well in a stick tang model. I agree with Ryan in that the hidden tang model wont appeal to many people for several reasons. A couple are most folks like to see that solid steel tang, they are stronger at the blade/handle junction. Also, a hidden tang wouldnt have the hammering capability that the full tang model has.

Ryan, the Ravens are G-10. G-10 really isnt that hard to work but as you mention it is hard on tools and lungs!

Wow... we got a bionic boner and a hugh jorgan all in the same thread. I think I should stay out of this one!

But, as much as I like G10, I think oosic might be a more fitting handle material for these guys :p

Not sure what you mean by Mid-Tech line ?

Isn't the Nordooh it's own entity ?

When do you think the Nordooh will be mass produced so we all can all buy one and when do you think it will happen.

Thanks

Originally posted by Rob Simonich
Man, what a forum name! :)

If the Nordooh gets in the Mid-Tech line it will indeed have G-10 handles, but that knife just wont work well in a stick tang model. I agree with Ryan in that the hidden tang model wont appeal to many people for several reasons. A couple are most folks like to see that solid steel tang, they are stronger at the blade/handle junction. Also, a hidden tang wouldnt have the hammering capability that the full tang model has.

Ryan, the Ravens are G-10. G-10 really isnt that hard to work but as you mention it is hard on tools and lungs!

Bionic, the Mid Tech line is the semi manufactured line like the Raven and Crowfoot. Before I can say there will be a Mid Tech Nordooh there has to be quite a bit of demand. To make pricing decent for the customer there would have to be demand for say 100 pieces or so. Hope that explains it better....

I was hoping for the SRT Series of the trail knife or kukhri to be introduced into the Midtech semi manufactured line. I have located one of your SRT trail knives for sale with a Talonite parasite but at $600 would hesitate to really beat the heck out of it. Semi manufacturing the SRT Series hopefully would bring the cost down making it am excellent hardworking blade for the money. Everyone has their opinion and I am sure it is hard pleasing the masses. Keep up the good work!

Only 100, that should sell out fast!

Could you use the new S30V stainless steel used in the Green Beret knife for both the main knife and the parasite knife. Sounds like a winning combination to me.

How much would you be asking for a Nordooh if this goes ahead ?

When do you think this would be available to the public ?

Bionic, the Mid Tech line is the semi manufactured line like the Raven and Crowfoot. Before I can say there will be a Mid Tech Nordooh there has to be quite a bit of demand. To make pricing decent for the customer there would have to be demand for say 100 pieces or so. Hope that explains it better....

Green Beret knife?????

S30-V is slated for all my models sofar, it would make a Nordooh an expensive knife, at least $400 with the Parasite. That is just a WAG though. For a production model there are some less expensive GREAT steels to look at, CPM1-V comes to mind.....

When do you think this would be available to the public ?
I really dont have any idea if or when, although Ron Hood and I have talked about it.

(Note) Nordooh is Ron Hood spelled backwards, we designed this knife together. Any manufacture of this knife is in concert with Ron Hood.

Green Beret knife?????

Rob, I believe he is referring to the Chris Reeve Yarborough knife ... a specially marked S30V blade that is to be distributed to current/ former Green Berets ... a civilian knife will also be produced without markings.

I vote for the SRT! in 3V!!!!

I think I would be in for a noRdooH in S30V if enough folks signed up to make it feasible to produce. My problem is that every custom Simonich I get my hands on is too nice to use :(. I need more to actually use and beat the hell out of, dammit. :)

Just started reading up on this forum recently. Big fan of Simonich knives.

If you'r still interested, Rob, I would definately purchase a nordooh if it was a few hundred dollars cheaper.

Keep up the good work.

$ 400 - $ 300 = $ 100

For a Nordooh?... I don't think you will make the list Tomehr :)

Originally posted by Tomehr
Just started reading up on this forum recently. Big fan of Simonich knives.

If you'r still interested, Rob, I would definately purchase a nordooh if it was a few hundred dollars cheaper.

Keep up the good work.

Hey there all...

It has been a while since I posted here. Glad to see there is interest in Nordooh ( still want one here ). Have you all had a good holiday season...I did, my knee surgery went great and I am getting around alot better.

By the way Rob we still need to get together for a beer...give me a holler

Hey there Rob,

Nice seeing ya this afternoon. Thanks for the sandwich, tea, and aluminum education. I will just have to go to Elliston to search him out

Back