Photos Massdrop Spyderco Delica Super Gold

Are they really worth picking up?
If you had to pick which and why?
Why wouldn't they be?
And yes I got in on the first drop. Anxiously waiting for it later this year. The edge retention on the steel is great and easy to sharpen.

Last edited:
I was able to resist the first time but just ended up joining.

I cancelled my original order for the Endura, mainly because I really wanted the Delica version. I guess this is the universe giving me a second chance.

Why wouldn't they be?
And yes I got in on the first drop. Anxiously waiting for it later this year. The edge retention on the steel is great and easy to sharpen.

One possible reason for avoiding this knife is the SUS410 cladding on the outside of the cutting edge steel. I have the recent Caly 3 with the HAP40/SUS410 and the SUS410 scratches up very easily. Not really a consideration for me since mine is a work knife, but some people may not enjoy the degraded appearance.

So I guess it doesn't matter which forum or sub forum I visit, md is just gonna keep getting free publicity on the forum no matter what level of membership they have.

No interest in a gold clad spydie. At that price many other options that are not gaudy.

So I guess it doesn't matter which forum or sub forum I visit, md is just gonna keep getting free publicity on the forum no matter what level of membership they have.

No interest in a gold clad spydie. At that price many other options that are not gaudy.
A gold lockbar isnt all that gaudy though. Its not like the whole thing is gold, now that would be gaudy. But for a delica in a superior steel with a nice little gold touch, its not that bad.

Reactions: Mo2
One possible reason for avoiding this knife is the SUS410 cladding on the outside of the cutting edge steel. I have the recent Caly 3 with the HAP40/SUS410 and the SUS410 scratches up very easily. Not really a consideration for me since mine is a work knife, but some people may not enjoy the degraded appearance.

The Vtoku is cladded by SUS310 which may share the same characters as SUS410.

Right on!
No idea why ass mop keeps getting a free pass.
I think it's because they have exclusives sometimes (all the time? I don't know I don't use them) so there'd be no good way to discuss these unique versions otherwise.

Also this forum is Sal's house, maybe he doesn't feel as strongly as other forums do about sponsors only, after all this non-sponsor is selling his product.

MD falls into a tricky spot they get a "free" pass due to the fact people are not providing prices or links and are simply talking about a unique production run. There are knives on MD often that are not special or unique that go unmentioned on here I do think it would benefit them and us if they had a dealer membership here after all it would let them essentially announce and advertise directly to a community of potential buyers. They would also probably get good feedback about knives this niche of the market is interested in. It is now up to the site management as to what is and is not permitted for discussion when it involves a vendor and/or maker who is not a supporting member.

I think it's because they have exclusives sometimes (all the time? I don't know I don't use them) so there'd be no good way to discuss these unique versions otherwise.

Also this forum is Sal's house, maybe he doesn't feel as strongly as other forums do about sponsors only, after all this non-sponsor is selling his product.

Totally fair points.

Back