Massdrop Supergold Endura or Delica?

what I got in the last email......

• Drop status update.
    Hi everyone,
    We’re checking in to let you know the Massdrop x Spyderco Endura Super Gold Steel is making its way through production! Spyderco has received the steel and parts are now being cut.
    We’re on track to meet the February estimated ship date, and we’ll be back with another update in mid-December.

Could someone give me the Cliff’s notes version of Massdrop ? Interested in the Spyderco if still possible.

Since 1990, the Delica has been an EDC staple—and for good reason. For one, it was among the first affordable pocket knives that could be opened with one hand, even with gloves. For another, it’s lightweight, compact, and carries on either side thanks to the four-way pocket clip. A couple years ago an idea was tossed around the Spyderco forums for a Delica made with Super Gold (SG2) steel, a high-performance powdered steel manufactured in Japan. While there was plenty of interest, the project never came to fruition after Spyderco founder Sal Glesser deemed it unfeasible due to the high cost. Now, thanks to the strength and size of the Massdrop community, we’re bringing the project back to life! This limited-edition run of 1,000 pieces features the classic black FRN handle, but with super-premium blade steel that's never before been used on any Spyderco. As a subtle nod to the Super Gold steel, the lock bar is coated in a matte gold finish.

So come delivery day you'll see a few pop up for sale in the classifieds here.

I’m guessing that “coated in a matte gold finish” means a plated finish (maybe brass, bronze or even gold plating?). My experience (with plated finishes on things other than knives) is that that plated finishes tend to get worn off with contact and use over time. Is that what we’ll most likely be looking at with the finish on the lock bar?

V1o65Js.jpg

wvs0ZGQ.jpg

l6ORL4y.jpg

I keep forgetting that I ordered one it's been so damn long. 8 months I think? I've waited less for full customs. Hope it's worth it.

Reactions: Mo2
from email I got on it couple days ago.....

Drop status update.Hi everyone,We’re checking in with an update on the Massdrop x Spyderco Endura Super Gold Steel knives. Production has completed and they are now en route to our warehouse. We’re excited to get these out to you soon. We’re also happy to share a few new images below of both. We’ll be back with another update as soon as the knives arrive at the warehouse!

Reactions: Mo2
Back