Massdrop Terzuola

Bob has certain "signature" things in his production designs and one of them is always his name.
Not always. When talking about this Massdrop knife specifically he mentioned that some of his early knives only featured the dragon head so that while this Massdrop knife did not match its original design intention, he was OK with it as it hearkened back to his early days.

Not always. When talking about this Massdrop knife specifically he mentioned that some of his early knives only featured the dragon head so that while this Massdrop knife did not match its original design intention, he was OK with it as it hearkened back to his early days.

That's may be true of his customs but the production knives I've seen all have his name. All 4 production knives I have are marked with his name. It'd be kind of stupid to not use his name since the company is paying him to not just design but market the product. He built an ACTF for me and it has his name on the clip and blade along with his motto.

Nice design. Seems like a very good edc. After seeing Bad Comrade’s pics, I’ll stick with my 940s.
I like the looks better than the Spyderco Brouwer.

Last edited:
I finally got to mine this morning. I’m thoroughly impressed. Great design and great execution. I’ve carried the Brouwer for a while now and this will kick it out of my pocket.

Fit and finish on my green one is fine, but I don't like the look of the hardware on it. Luckily Massdrop agreed to switch it out for a tan one.

I received my CTF about a week ago and it hasn’t left my pocket. I was disappointed at the change in the hardware but the tumbled finish really suits the Terzuola design. I actually like the bigger Terzuola dragon without the text. It looks really nice.

The CTF came out of the box very smooth. The detent works well when using the flipper tab as well as using the thumb disc. This is my first knife with a thumb disc and I’m happy with how it works. the sides of the disc has milling which helps catch your thumb and aids in deployment. The disc is easy to use in a variety of ways for deployment.

Ergos are good. I really really love the easy disengagement. There is a nice cutout for easy access to the liner lock, the liner lock has really nice jimping on it that really makes it easy to disengage. beautifully designed.

The small size of it really surprised me, i was expecting it be bigger for some reason. I generally prefer folders with a closed length of around 4” but the CTF is quite slim and helps it carry nicely in the pocket.

The grind is even, the edge came as a working edge. I’ve always found WE Knife to be average on sharpening. Not a big deal.

The bad? not much. I’m not a fan of the pocket clip, it rides quite high. While the satin blade finish is nice, i think a nice stonewash would be better suited being a tactical inspired design. Especially considering the stonewashed hardware. Nothing on the knife (stonewashed blade, stonewashed hardware and G10) would show wear.

Conclusion: I’m very happy with the CTF. Great action, great materials and design at a good price.

Video of the action:

Dang, $175 for the CF.

I have the black G10. The only big gripe I have after carrying it for a while now is the clip position. The knife just sits really high for my tastes. Wish there was a deep carry option.

it was only a $25 upcharge to get cf scales which I think was a good deal compared to what other makers charge for cf.

I would have liked to have seen a bigger knife, more along the lines of the CRKT BT70. Crap materials, but loved the size of that particular knife.

got mine yesterday and is a great piece only snag is clip is a little tight but with a little tweak now goes in and out of pocket fine.

Got mine in the mail the other day. Overall, I'm pretty impressed. I haven't bought a new knife in a while and I've mostly stuck with CRK's for the past several years. I still remember when the DPX Hest/F first came out, it was pretty unheard of to get G10, Titanium and good steel under $200. I know with ZT coming up with their collabs the market has changed quite a bit, but I wasn't expecting a knife this nice for $150. The action is pretty fantastic (much better than the last XM18 I owned), the fit and finish is pretty remarkable, and the S35V took a nice toothy edge as I expected it would. My only complaint is not having anywhere to tie a lanyard.

My advice for anyone that's on the fence: If you like the design, get it. It's slightly longer than a Small Sebenza, but not as big as a Large Sebenza.

index.php

I am planning to order one of these. Deciding between black G10 or the CF. Thoughts from those of you that have one or the other or both?

Thanks.

Just got mine in. Nice knife, but I was very surprised at how thin the liner in the linerlock was. I compared it to an Al Mar Mini Sere and a Spyderco Double Bevel, and it was really, really thinner. Nice lockup and I don't use my knives hard, but still, it was not what I expected.

Just got mine in. Nice knife, but I was very surprised at how thin the liner in the linerlock was. I compared it to an Al Mar Mini Sere and a Spyderco Double Bevel, and it was really, really thinner. Nice lockup and I don't use my knives hard, but still, it was not what I expected.
For a small knife the liners aren’t too bad. If you’re used to big knives I can see how you noticed it. But they’re well-built and will definitely hold up. WE Knives (the manufacturer) make great tools

I personally think the knife looks bad ass!! I wish they wouldn’t have put the Drop “D” on the pivot and put Terzuola’s symbol on it instead but damn its awesome. Also I have two Drop knives now and they are absolutely awesome. Fit and Finish is Fn awesome. I will be getting one of these asap goofy pivot or not.

Back