Mastersmith Sword (Stag and Steel)

Here is something you won't see often! Bailey Bradshaw did a 17th century hunting sword for me. (His rendition at least) Harvey Dean called it a hangar but I ain't hanging this one without a sheath...lol
Forged L6 and Fine stag with a full takedown set of salt blued fittings. OAL is around two feet:) with the balance just forward of the top of the guard. It is fast and sharp. I hope to get some better pics at some point.

sammyb012.jpg

sammyb03.jpg

-SammyB

Now that's an awesome piece of cutlery! Definitely not your everyday find. The detail work in the fittings looks really great. I'd love to see some more pics.

Cheers,

Roger

WOW! :eek: Stunning. Drop-dead gorgeous. I've never seen a better looking piece of stag, either.

Congrats to all!

Coop

Sammy,

That is truly outstanding, you know I love anything with Stag and this is way over the top. Congratulations!!

Win

It's unusual to see stag on a sword. I think that when using stag. . .one has to be very careful, in it's use, to ensure that the overall "flow" of the bladeware is preserved.

And the "flow" on your sword is definitely there ! :D

Beautiful piece !

Thanks for sharing !

Lemme know how it works when you cut down some standing corn stalks. :D

That has got to be one of the nicest pointy and sharp item I have seen! Gorgeous stag. You lucky Dawg! :)

That sword is so awesome. It is exciting to see! He did a fine job on it. Thanks for sharing.

Another stunning piece of work from Bailey! Everything I see of his work from multiblades to swords and everything in between is exceptional.

Outstanding workmanship, which is exactly what I would expect from Bailey. Swords are not what I am really into. The closest thing to a sword that I really like is a 12" Bowie. I do however appreciate the great amount of talent it takes to make a blade like this one. Besides, it has a stag handle.

Back