Review MATT GREGORY & KEITH FLUDDER COLLABORATION PRESENTATION GRADE KWAIKEN

Thank you Joe for the kind words and for the great video. Absolutely love Matts work and what a great pleasure it was to spend some shop time on the project with him. Awesome.
Cheers Keith

You're a good egg, buddy. Please tell David I said thanks for being such a good sport. His work never fails to humble and inspire me whenever I get a chance to see it.

Keith's Damascus steel makes this piece. There's plenty of other great elements to the package, don't get me wrong - the gidgee offers the right tones to warm it all up, and the menuki definitely add a bit of class, but Keith's flawless mosaic Damascus make this knife transcend the sum of its parts, in my eyes.

He was a blast to have up here, despite having him endure record low temperatures for summer in Buffalo ( it rained a lot and was in the high 40's when we woke up every day - first June I've EVER had to turn the heat on!!!!), I made him eat pizza three meals in a row, and we took long, muddy hikes every morning to sap the mastiff's energy. Hardly the kind of high living one forces upon a guest. :D

This whole project was Keith's idea, and I really had no idea what to expect until he handed me the profiled blade he'd made, and then it all just seemed to flow. Really glad I can call him a friend, and I'm looking forward to the next collaboration.

Joe,

Love your reviews and videography in general. Completely off topic, but I happened upon your STI winter driver video while browsing car vids. Nice ride! I have a '17 Rex and love it.

Best to you and yours.

Prof.

Fantastic collaboration! It's all great, but I'm really loving that Damascus... And the grind.... And the gidgee.... And the Menuki..... And the saya.... And the wrap... And the piercing tip....

Joe,

Love your reviews and videography in general. Completely off topic, but I happened upon your STI winter driver video while browsing car vids. Nice ride! I have a '17 Rex and love it.

Best to you and yours.

Prof.

Thank you for the kind words

For decades I've been a boxer motor fan and I'm loving the Japanese variant :)

Thank you for the kind words

For decades I've been a boxer motor fan and I'm loving the Japanese variant :)

Me too. I'd go so far as to say the WRX/STI is the true "poor man's Porsche" especially in this new age of smaller-engined, turbo'd Porsches, though a 911 has forever been on my bucket list. However, and this is a BOLD statement, I would give Subaru the nod for having the best AWD on the market (please don't hate on me!). These cars grip!

That's a fantastic piece Joe and Matthew.
Love it.

Joe, I really enjoy your videos. I saw your video watching you shoot your new Riser bow. Your videos are inspiring, and while I dont have a bow, it makes me want to try archery. Very inspiring!

Thanks.
And as an aside, I would live to learn how to make those Phill Hartsfield aluminum sheaths. Can someone make a WIP on exactly how one is made?

Paul

Me too. I'd go so far as to say the WRX/STI is the true "poor man's Porsche" especially in this new age of smaller-engined, turbo'd Porsches, though a 911 has forever been on my bucket list. However, and this is a BOLD statement, I would give Subaru the nod for having the best AWD on the market (please don't hate on me!). These cars grip!

I agree on the AWD

I'm very impresssed with the STI especially since the add one and the pro tune

It's faster than my beloved 911

[/URL]

The STI flat out screams in that Rally car way and it's my winter ride :)

[/URL]

[/URL]

Neat video, Perfect knife and saya, sheath, scabbard or whatever the hell you call it. Great transition to fine automobiles, and populated by some of the finest people on earth (especially David.....I love David). A great thread!

One final thought.......You are among friends so you and David should not feel like you need to "dress up" to shoot the video.:cool:

Paul

Last edited:

I have an Audi s3 that I am amazed by. The car just almost won't oversteer. I wish I could afford the RS3. Some day...

Matt - beautiful work. The attention to detail really is inspiring on that one. You are heading for Mad Genius if you aren't careful.

^ Audi's are sweet too. I was a VW guy since the early '90's until this most recent Subaru purchase. I'd still give Subaru the nod over Audi on the AWD system for overall reliability, however Audi gets the nod in just about every other department, especially the amenities. Beautiful, instantly classic automobiles. Tony Stark swears by them!

Great knife and nice video, That section of river looks very familiar. Were you up past Shickshinny, that looks like the Hunlock creek UGI power plant

Back