Maxpedition versipack style bag for creek fishing

We do a lot of creek fishing, moving, wading etc.. I was thinking of trying a versipack style bag for tackle/gear.. I normally carry a cheap over the shoulder tackle bag but its not really been comfortable and not enough room for even a limited amount of tackle given the size and discomfort.
Any of you guys use one for this type of fishing? thanks

I have two, one is a larger Orvis bag that I believe is discontinued and the other is a Fishpond. I've been happy with both. Both are made to ride so that when I rotate the pack to the front the zipper is facing up. I just mention that because you might want to consider which shoulder you would prefer to carry the bag on.

I can't help you with the shoulder bag. I use a Filson Cruiser Vest when fishing for native brook trout and when wading small creeks and rivers for smallmouth bass. It has plenty of pockets and a back pouch. Serves the purpose well.

22 Hornet

I use one of them, not sure which maxpedition it is but the bottle holder doesn’t hold a nalgene- which ever that one is.
I love it creek fishing up here, it gets pretty thick and sometimes a backpack just holds you up. I can get water, 2 small boxes of small spoons and spinners, a tinder kit, a small snack, a few maps, a small flashlight and few other doodads into it. One of the Molly spots too right at the top of the pack where it attaches to the straps is an oversized molle with 2 real molle’s on it- it makes the perfect loop for sliding a hatchet down into.

A little late to respond to the thread, but I used an old Bass Pro Redhead waist bag for creek fishing for a number of years. Worked very well and I’ve been a fan of waist/lumbar packs ever since. It was a little bigger than the current Maxped Proteus. I found one large main pouch to be most useful and just plain easier when standing in the current. One zip open, one zip closed. Yeah, close it every time, ask me how I know. The Proteus is my current casual trail bag. It is almost as good, but is a little more difficult to access the main compartment due to the zipper right across the middle.

Back