"may The Folksy Be With You"

I recently acquired a very old Barlow knife. I noticed a small blemish on the secondary blade. On closer examination I found the blemish was a spittin' image of old Obadiah Barlow himself. I set the knife on its spine on my computer desk and nonchalantly gave it a spin. It has been spinning constantly on its own for 9 days. Do you think this could be some kind of folksy miracle?

Would Mike's avatar be good enough to sacrifice?:D

Oh please can we?:barf::D

I recently acquired a very old Barlow knife. I noticed a small blemish on the secondary blade. On closer examination I found the blemish was a spittin' image of old Obadiah Barlow himself. I set the knife on its spine on my computer desk and nonchalantly gave it a spin. It has been spinning constantly on its own for 9 days. Do you think this could be some kind of folksy miracle?

I don't know...maybe....pee on it and see if it.....uh....no wait!, that's what the indians do to clean out a cut.:eek::eek: I got nothin:confused:

I believe! Every morning I go and check out my knife wall and you know what, the slippies all have changed places during the night. I never know which one is going to show up front and center. I tell you, them things will posses you and make you spin around. :D

I heard a rumor that brutha fewpop has been upset lately because some of the folksy faithful have not be caring properly for their knives.

Forgive us Ford, we are a people of unclean slips. :eek:

(you have no idea how long I have been thinking about how I could work that one in):D

I heard a rumor that brutha fewpop has been upset lately because some of the folksy faithful have not be caring properly for their knives.

(you have no idea how long I have been thinking about how I could work that one in):D

CleanuponAisle4.jpg

Verily brutha Kerry, I can imagine how long you prayed to work that in... ;)

...and yet, it is not mine to forgive, or to judge my folksy brethren, for I too have known unclean slips, and I'saiah this to all who might listen: Purge your sins of unclean slips by holding them close to burning Skoal (or a good cigar if Skoal is not available), and your wickedness will be removed. :D

Brilliant fewpop! THE END! :D:thumbup::cool:

We are too folksy to simply quit until Mike's avatar is sacrificed.:barf::barf::p

Yes, a sacrifice must be made. I think Bro_Buck knows what must be done but yet he offers the fruits of the non-folksy, a tactical. He may need a little wall-to-wall counseling to become, shall we say, cleansed.

...uh...we may have to lift a thing or two to get him all wet during his baptism. Any volunteers. :)

Oh...I'm so happy I went over 1900...YAY!

Not far behind in being folksy over 1900.
James
FewPop found the help we need.

I had never thought of them in quite that way before. Sodbusters of firearms. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I start to knock "plastic" guns.

Yeah though I have great fondness for a steel rendering of the elder of fine designs, the unadorned 1911, and reverently handle it often, I do confess that at this moment an OD Green framed Glock 23 rests on my hip. Then again, it seems a perfect excuse to get one of the matching green Moras! And perhaps a green bone Case to be in a proper folksy state of reverence.

See, the Folksy can reach out and touch the modern world.

Perhaps as the Rev. Dr. Amos (interfaith) I might have to form the Traditional Brotherhood of Steel, TBOS, to foster respect and learning of the old ways of thinking.

May the Folksy be with you. Oh, and today I raise up my Case, smooth Chestnut-Boned, Mini-Trapper.

(I've been away from the forum for a while and see what I find when I come back to the, er fold. Knice!)

Verily brutha Kerry, I can imagine how long you prayed to work that in... ;)

...and yet, it is not mine to forgive, or to judge my folksy brethren, for I too have known unclean slips, and I'saiah this to all who might listen: Purge your sins of unclean slips by holding them close to burning Skoal (or a good cigar if Skoal is not available), and your wickedness will be removed. :D

Uh, I been smokin Carter Hall and Prince Albert lately in corn cob pipes, while my tinned tobaccos and briars go unused. Will that work?

Where is Knifehead, did he leave the Folksy bruthood just cause his post count went over 1900? Did he ever sacrifice Mike's Avatar? Just how folksy is it to run out on brutha's?

Where is Knifehead, did he leave the Folksy bruthood just cause his post count went over 1900? Did he ever sacrifice Mike's Avatar? Just how folksy is it to run out on brutha's?

May the Folksy be with you :) Sometimes a folksy brutha has to take care of "domestic duties" and stay off the computer for a while. I also spent a little time processing and posting some Bose pics and I actually got a bit of knife work done today so that's a good thing. I knew the folksy brethren and sistern would continue in the faith while I was away...fuhgitaboutit!:cool:;)

Uh, I been smokin Carter Hall and Prince Albert lately in corn cob pipes, while my tinned tobaccos and briars go unused. Will that work?

You bet it will! I can almost smell the folksiness as I type this. ;):cool:

Back