1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

McGinnis Mini Exo - anyone have any info? (semi custom flipper)

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by worshipNtribute, Oct 1, 2016.

1. worshipNtribute

worshipNtribute

Jan 12, 2012
    Looks like I have a new knife heading my way - McGinnis Mini Exo Pro Line. I can't find much info on it though and I haven't been in the knife loop too much as of late. It won't be coming for a while (long ship time) but I was wondering if anyone had it / had any experiences with it so I can know what I got my hands on. Seems like it's a perfect size and blade shape for EDC but I don't know much about the maker or the knife. Thanks in advance!

2. Misanthropia

Misanthropia Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Gerry McGinnis is young custom maker (although he has been making knives for a number of years now) who is in the top tier of tactical makers. The Proline are his "midtech" knives, they're all CNC/machine ground. I have the Proline Valve and the flipping action/smoothness really feels like it has been dialed in with individual attention. It's tremendous. However, beyond that it's a pretty standard framelock production knife so I would never pay the retail price for one.

3. t.willy

t.willy

Mar 31, 2016
    I just bought one of these beauties myself Thursday :cool: I got it on sale for $350 marked down from $595:eek: At that price I really had no choice but to buy it.;) I can't wait to get mine in hand. I'd love to hear what you think about yours if it's arrived yet? I should have mine by this comming Friday. I'll let you know my take when it does. Ttyl