Meaningful knives

I was thinking today about some of the knives that have been given/passed down to me today. I know we all probably have some that we either carry with us or just pull out to look at and I thought it would be a cool thread to see everyone's. Here are my knives that have either been passed on or have a great meaning behind them.

The case knife was one my fiancé recently got me. I told her about my very first knife I was gifted by my Uncle one Christmas and it was one of those little case camo lockbacks. Well I lost the knife eventually as a kid seems to do, and progressed to bigger knives. Well one day we were at a truck stop and she saw it in a display case so she surprised me with a nice little gift once we got back in the truck. It was really cool to get such a nice momento to remind me of my childhood.

IMG_5255.JPG

The USA made sharpfinger my dad just recently found after they moved into their new house. It was his first skinning knife he bought himself a long long time ago. It needs a lil attetntion given to it but still in amazing shape. The 60t is a USA made folder that I'm pretty sure was his grandfathers that he bought later in life and never really got a chance to use it. My dad kept it in a safe place and would use it every know and again. I always loved the old American made old timers and one day he gave it to me so someone would carry it and give it the pocket time it needs.
IMG_5258.JPG

This one was my grandfather on my mothers sides knife. He told me it was his fathers knife also so this one had some meaning to him. He had just gotten a new knife for Christmas and he knew my love for blades so he let me take the ones below for a good home.
IMG_5259.JPG

These three were with the other one I took that was his fathers. In my memory since I guess I could remember he's had one of these knives on him so these were the first ones to grab as soon as he let me take them. A lot of memories with us in his shop using one of these for his random cutting task and the occasional grinder sharpening.
IMG_5257.JPG

I have several with special meanings. One is one of the cheap Imperial fish knives my mom bought me for a fishing trip in Wisconsin, another is a Imperial Camp Knife with fork and spoon I got from my parents in Lake Geneva.
I have a tiny Kent from my grandfather, and three of my Dad’s knives.
One of my favorites is a Buck 112 Connie surprised me with when we were dating, back in 1986.

Back