Medium Chopper

Those handle scales are currently purely developmental and the reason that Jonny (91Bravo) received one is because he went on the Knife or Death (KoD) show. Nathan came up with that solution for his Behemoth Chopper (BC) to be time efficient throughout the course since reportedly very little grip adjustment would be required, hence saving every precious second on a competition. I suspect that Mark is now our guinea piggy trying those scales on his MC to see if there are going to be commercial feasibilities down the road. Last but not least, Jonny's BC order was also supplied with the edgecut antique micarta handle scales which he had originally preordered so these scales in here were the icing on the cake for making it with his BC to KoD.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

I was gonna put these antique micarta scales on, but I'm really digging the hybrid rubber ones. Sticks like glue and I want to really test them for durability. I guess the antique micarta ones are going back into the bag for now.
gj1oR5I.jpg

Maybe you can machine the bosses into the micarta handle base and outsource the rubber pads, with an adhesive backing. So you just stick the rubber pads on the micarta part and rip it off and replace when they get to’ up.

Well, I have to say these scales are gosh darn amazing. (Not exactly my first choice of words). I didn’t wring them out like I wanted, but I will. Time permitting. As Jonny mentioned they stick like glue. Even wet they are sticky/grabby/cushy. Hard to really describe. Almost like the Hogue grips on my 629, but not really. More fibrous. I too am curious about the longevity, only because they feel so good.

Back