Medium Espada vs ZT 0350?

Cold Steel Knives

Andrew Demko from CS R&D tests the Medium Espada vs the ZT 0350
See the results here:

LINK

...and before you ask, this isn't an April Fool joke :rolleyes: :)

Have a great day everyone!

I have a Chinese made Kershaw lockback that fails on hand pressure, but I only paid $8 for it (and I carry Cold Steel (a Voyager Vaquero XL at the moment)). I have to say, if I was the owner of a ZT350 I would be decidedly concerned.

The little Espada is a tough knife, and quite good looking in its own way.

I like the offhand, "well, this is the knife we don't make anymore because we have a tougher model coming in, but we had it lying around so here we go" attitude.

By design and just simple physic, liner lock tends to be the weakest locking mechanism (apart from slip joint). Okay for light EDC task but not much else. Only has one (arguably) liner lock folder in my entire collection, and it's a Cold Steel Ti-Lite. Always wonder how people pay premium prices for liner lock "tactical fighters"... Do a frame lock next, Cold Steel and thanks for the video.

Thanks for the video

If you Need another competitor I think the buck 830 marksman we'll take the challenge

ZTD

Anyone who feels the liner lock is necessarily the weakest locking mechanism, needs to do more research. I used to feel the same but not any more It's all online/youtube.

Yea, please compare such a knife next time with the buck marksman. It says on the buck website: SLS strong lock system, one of the strongest locking mechanisms of the market.

Thank you

Anyone who feels the liner lock is necessarily the weakest locking mechanism, needs to do more research. I used to feel the same but not any more It's all online/youtube.

Most people who have had a folder with a poor/faulty lock mechanism, or seen one live, will tell you more often than not that it was a liner lock...it's not all online/YouTube.

They don't really fit into the genre well (heavy-duty tactical) but still work fine for lots of people.

Not really a fair comparison.After watching the test,it got me thinking how much force would be needed to close my ZT0566 with an early 25% lockup.So I tried two light whacks on some carpeted stairs,it passed,the third time - a little more stronger whack.....the blade closed.....kind of surprised but after the video not so much.

Most people who have had a folder with a poor/faulty lock mechanism, or seen one live, will tell you more often than not that it was a liner lock...it's not all online/YouTube.

They don't really fit into the genre well (heavy-duty tactical) but still work fine for lots of people.

I didn't say they never fail.

Obviously a majority of locks are going to suck compared to the triad. Most locking knives are flawed unless you get one where they've really focused on making an ultra strong lock. And lockbacks don't get a free pass over liner locks either. From what I've heard the buck 110s lock fails easily too.

Back