Membership Turn-around Time

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your membership stuff? I mailed mine about a month ago, but haven't heard anything. The check hasn't cleared either, so I' wondering if it got lost in the mail.

------------------
Knowledge without understanding is knowledge wasted.
Understanding without knowledge is a rare gift - but not an impossibility.
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

My turnaround time was even longer than that. It seems it was about 6 weeks or so before my check was cashed. I suspect that they wait until they get a rather large amount of applications and process them at one time instead of doing them a few at a time.

------------------
Kelly

http://home.carolina.rr.com/senator
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

Hey Codeman, the Senator is exactly right! We do wait to process the memberships in batches. Try to get them done on the 1st and 15th of each month. Hopefully no one will have to wait more than 6 wks - any more! Many of the first memberships took a lot longer because of getting cards printed (and reprinted because of goofs) - and also to get the decals done.
If you don't have yours in the next few days (because all were caught up on 7/21) - give me a call. Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

My membership turned around in less than 4 weeks, and I'm proudly carrying my AKTI card next to my NRA membership.
http://www.scopeny.org

Razor

------------------
AKTI #A000845
And tomorrow when you wake up it will be worse.

Thanks for the info, Jan. The card is going to have a prime location in my billfold, right next to my NRA life card.

------------------
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

Well, it finally arrived, thanks to a 2 week trip somewhere, courtesy of the USPS. It was almost exactly 6 weeks, but it should've been at least a week less. No sense in it taking the USPS 2 weeks to get it from Iowa to Tennessee.

Now, like Razoredj, my membership card rides right next to my NRA membership!

------------------

AKTI Member #A000831

Mine took a while- I'm guessing that's because Ms. Jan is a one-woman show?
I didn't mind the wait at all- nice to be a part of this. Everyone encourage your knife friends to sign up- Regards,
Michael
AKTI Member #107

How soon in advance to re-new? Mine's up Nov. 1 1999.

Mark
AKTI Member #A000003

P.S. Any life time dues yet?

------------------
" Knife Collectors Are Sharp People! "

Renewals will be mailed about 30 days before your year it up. You're welcome to send it in early - that will save AKTI some $$ on time and expense!

Jan

Back