Memorial Day Memorbilia Contest 1 Week

When does this contest end? LOL!

I feel like a dope...first to post a guess is sorta like laying down your hand in poker for everyone to see ;)

:D I, the Blankmeister was the first to draw a blank with his guess! And once the ruler was applied to my knuckles, I worked the problem correctly.... I hope!

1. waliguy - 13,648,357
2. w5rwu - 12,741,500 ( clarified)
3. sheathmaker - 12,741,500
4. El Lobo - 12,741,500
5. dannubee - 14,648,000
6. delander - 12,863,000
7. Rusty1 - 12,741,500
8. cykc - 14,571,600
9. Codger - 12,741,500
10. textoothpk - 14,000,000
11. marktool - 12,741,500
12. LRV - 12,727,272
13. Upstream - 13,989,836 (entry clarified..thanks!)
14. Don Luis - 14,850,000
15. ISC RIP - 14,615,510
16. Glennbad - 13,714,302
17. T. Erdelyi - 13,698,888
18. Bauer - 14,574,000
19. orvet - 14,310,803 ( Corrected)

Codger - blank dude with fixed stripes whacking the tally :p

PS - Nobody tell El Lobo that he left out Boyle's law of thermodynamics!

Laying down...because you are all in...;)
...or because you might be .....

FOLDING!!!

:D

bill

P. S.
I update my guess to 12,741,500...:D

EDITED: That is just a joke...I've always been on that number.

WELL IT WOULD SEEM THAT EITHER THE FIGURES IN THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED,SOMEHOW HAS ALL THE INFORMATION NEEDED TO GET THE CORRECT ANSWER OR ELSE SOMEONE ELSE HAS THESE FIGURES AND PASSED THEM AROUND . THE CORRECT ANSWER IS IS 12,743.500. OR JUST AN EVEN 2000 OF FROM THE ANSWER OF 12,741,500. ODDLY WE NOW HAVE 7 OF 20 ANSWERS WHICH HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO THAT EXACT NUMBER. I HAD MENTIONED THAT I WOULD SEND PACKETS TO THE TOP THREE WINNERS. SINCE THIS TURNED OUT THIS WAY I WILL SEND PACKETS TO ANY ONE WHO ENTERED WHO WANTS ONE . DUE TO THE UNUSUAL QUANTITY YOU MAY HAVE SOME DOUBLES IN YOUR PACKETS. IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A PACKET YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND A POST CARD TO BOX # 462 # 4 BUENA VISTA AVE WALLKILL NY 12589. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR ADDRESS. IT MAKES NO SENSE TO CONTINUE UNTIL EVERYONE CHANGES THERE GUESS TO THE SAME NUMBER WHICH IS EXACTLY 2000 SHORT OF THE PERFECT ANSWER. I WOULD SIMPLY RATHER PAY OFF NOW. UPON RECEIPT OF YOUR ADDRESS i WILL SHIP PRIORITY MAIL ( AT MY EXPENSE A PACKET CONTAINING 50 SCHRADE BROCHURES OF MY CHOICE ). PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS NO RANCOR OR ACCUSATIONS ON MY PART I SIMPLY FEEL FOR THE STATED REASON THAT IT WOULD BE BETTER TO CONCLUDE THIS NOW. THANKYOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION. LT PS I HAD PLANNED TO OFFER A PACKET TO ANYONE WHO WANTED IT ANYWAY.

LT thank you for contest this was fun!!! your very generous!
Thank you Randy

LT; mine was the third post and I took the weekly production figure and muliplied it by 50 (the number of weeks worked) to arrive at annual projection for production. Did this for each year and added them up. I just did it again and came up with 12,741,500 again. Is the extra 2000 in the freeby figure you gave for 72 at the beginning? I didn't use that whatever it was as I fugured each year myself. I can't find the extra 2000. Clue me in, please.

Paul

Those were the numbers posted on the top of the original sheet which I have since relagated back to obscurity. I did not know how to figure it. I am not as sharp as a lot of the guys were. I am the only one to get the exact correct answer. That is because I had the sheet. Who knows perhapes I added wrong that would be more probable than not however I did it on a calculator 6 times. In any event it now belongs to the ages but the bottle of canadian in front of me is for now. Remember the old adage I would rather have a bottle infront of me than a frontal labotomy. LT

I love this stuff...

I averaged all the answers that were posted at the time of my guess..
I was only 17k off...
Lets see 12,743.500./5 = 2,548,700 per year/52 =49,013.4 per week /40 = 1,225.33 per hour .so I was off by 13.8 hours.

TTYL
Larry

You know, sometimes this forum is like our own little tavern...you get to sit wherever you like, the conversation is some of the best anywhere, and we can all have what we enjoy to drink.

Cheers to everyone.

Bill
(going for the lobottleme with a Frey Cabernet)

He he, I said someone had some inside info.... or maybe I should have checked those handwritten numbers closer.

I should have kept Victorinox out of the calculations too...

Thanks LT, it was fun.

Luis

P.S. Just finished some good old Mezcal, going to prepare me some Argentinian Mate now.

If I can make a suggestion...anyone who sends a request to LT for this should consider throwing in a few bucks to cover his postage. Very generous offer again LT. Thank you.

very generous in your offer LT, Thanks, will be sending of postcard ASAP,

Rusty 1

Codger_64 said:
Hi guys! I see you visiting and reading here! Please join in the contest! It doesn't cost a dime, and it is open to all!

Codger

We have a work-weekend at the Jacob Miller Camp,starting tomorrow.If the Glenlivet gives me a vision,I'll have the winning answer Monday morning.
What is the cut-off line in this contest?
Ron

jakeysum

Have to get a new picture,the new standing-seam steel roof is red and we have two big propane tanks.No electricity this far back in.:D
Darned cell-phones sure changed things,though.

Edited to say that I should have read all the posts before answering Codger.Oh well,I still have an appointment with the 12 year scotch,so I'm a winner too.

LT...got your package today...it is awesome! The color pictures on the flyers are so cool, and I didn't know the Schrade / Betty Crocker connection until I started reading and learning from the promotional materials. You've fueled the fire! Thank you.

Got my package yesterday also. Very informative information. nice to have the now historic info in my collection, Thanks LT

regards

Rusty 1

Back