Menage-a-trois?

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
:confused: Well, not really. It's a fun knife--a clever 3-way folder by Paul Chen. Doubles as a push-dagger as well as a neat blade.

Sure it's made in China, and it's inexpensive. But it is a nice style, well-built and heavy. I'm told that is damascus inlayed in there, too!

I thought I'd experiment with my camera to have a little fun. Just a colorful shot, showing what you can do with construction paper and a little imagination. That's all! :)

Coop

26013306iXTXEEdhEk_ph.jpg

Really nifty little piece. This may sound stupid, but never having had experience with 3 ways I have to ask. Does it lock in place as a push dagger, or is it just stabilised by "finger pressure"?
Lagarto

It has this crazy locking system. Push on that spring-loaded pivot button, and it unlocks the blade. It locks in the three positions.

Coop

This is made by Paul Chen under license. He also has a "Ron Lake" folder and a "Moran" Pesh Kabz.

Tom, you're exactly right. It mimic's the 'Cosmos'. And IF I ever had an opportunity to purchase a Ray Appleton art knife with this style of opening and much better looks, I would. I would probably have to pay upwards of $4000 for it, though. :(

His collaboration with Outdoor Edge to mass produce a better-than-this version was halted after much efforts on their behalf. Interesting thread on this if any of you are interested: 'Cosmos' discussion

So for now here's all I have and all one can get. But, here's the REAL DEAL:

oe-cosmos-500.jpg

(Image courtesy of Oudtdoor Edge Cutlery Co.)

Coop

thanks for filling me in......from the first post it seemed as though this guy was making this knife under the presumption that it was his design.

The knife may be a cheap copy, but the pictures sure are nice.

Really nice pictures Coop!!! That's the new Sony again I take it??:cool: I have to learn how to use those darn things :(

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

.....but my purpose was just for photo-fun here. (Yeah that's my Sony. I love it.)

I bought it for $50.00 and suprisingly I LIKE the construction and shapes. It's just a curiosity at it's very best. Usefulness is a FAAAARRRR second. I don't evaluate it much further. I have plenty of knives that work better and look more elegant. Still, it's unique. And I LIKE knives with a difference.

Coop

Back