...and a Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Christmas04a.jpg
    Christmas04a.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Christmas04.jpg
    Christmas04.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 24
And back at ya Jimmy! How're things in Prescott?

Our girls in Phoenix have been complaining about the cold weather they've been having. I just laugh at 'em and tell 'em to come visit us. or go see their sister Cindy in Northwestern Pennsylvania.;)
It's warming up here after several days of 25* and less, several degrees less.
We've been feeling really sorry for those less fortuante than us.

Prescott; the Ruger Plant's there. And J and G sales.

Hi Rio Jim.

munk

Yvsa: Prescott's in the high country, so the weather is generally about 20 degrees cooler than Phoenix. That means our cold "snap" gave us temps in the 30s, when they've been in the 50s. When we get a few inches of snow, it's gone by the end of the week. When backpacking at the Grand Canyon, there was snow and ice at the South Rim, but temps in the mid-60s at the bottom, and the leaves were at peak color in December (5000' elevation change). Having been raised in Minnesota, I'm not real sympathetic when people complain about the weather here -- or mosquitoes.

Munk: The Prescott area has Ruger, J&G, Ransom Rest, Davidson's Supply, Chuck Taylor and many fine gunsmiths and bladesmiths. Gunsite Academy, and home to Jeff Cooper, is a half hour away. Lots of interest for the sportsman. The Grand Canyon is two hours north, Phoenix an hour south, and Las Vegas about four hours away. I just wish we'd stop making those "best 10" small city lists, and Californians would retire to any of the other cities on those lists.

brother-in-law flew home for Christmas from Phoenix. He's attending that Harley-Davidson motorcycle school.....been freezin' his butt off here and it's been in the 40s and 50s....:rolleyes:

Back