Metorite/01 Damascus, Mokume, Pearl knife...

Hey everyone.....just finished this knife for our annual NCCA knife show next week...Delbert Ealy's Meteorite/01 twist Damascus blade with rope filework on top, Delbert's Ladder Mokume for the handles and Pearl for the inlays. What do you guys think..... :)

Attachments

• Roy_fixed01-w.jpg
    Roy_fixed01-w.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 66
Beautiful Rene, I hope it's still around by the show so I get to see it up close. I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone though.

Very, very nice Rene! I really like the combined treatment of
the mokume and the pearl. Hope to see it in person.

Dan Pierson

Hey big guy, that's great. Those exotics really add excitement to the making. You did GOOD Rene. I like a lot. Nothing like going top shelf on materials and your craftsmanship matches those.

RL

Rene, that is one sweet sweet knife! I sure hope I get to see it in person at the show.

That is a beaut! My favorite knife of yours -- love the choice of materials. :)

Geeze guys...I have a big enough head already!!!!...Thank you all for the very kind words.... :eek: I'm blushing!!!! :D :D :D

Rene - very nice! Is that just a plain etch, or is it blued?

pendentive said:
Rene - very nice! Is that just a plain etch, or is it blued?

Just Plain etch...but when I took it out of the etch bucket....I poured acetone on both sides of the blade...and let it evaporate...I have noticed when I do this to damascus, the blacks seems to be darker in the end results...got that tip from Delbert Ealy...the maker of steel!

great tip - is that for meteorite only - or any damascus?

The acetone is for all damascus, I use it as a final step after etching, and rinsing. it helps dry the blade fast and improves the look of the etch. I have been doing it this way for several years and hundreds of blades.
Del

Back