Micarta A2 PSK/Sharpshooter sheath

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
These sheaths are great for pocket carry. :thumbup:
Scott

sssheath.jpg

sssheath1.jpg

I carried my A2 PSK in one during the last Basic Survival Course at the WLC. A few times, I forgot I had it on me. The knife disappears and is carried securely. I second carrying the PSK in one of these sheaths. Combined with a ferro rod and some paracord as a lanyard, this carry setup is ideal.

Just ordered me one of the 2nd versions with the second larger pocket. I plan on puting a small kit housed in a K & D match case in this pocket. I hope it fits. It looks like it will. Anybody tried it?

CD, it probably will fit. If not you can wet form the sheath. Leather stretches when wet.
Scott

Thanks Scott.

Just ordered me one of the 2nd versions with the second larger pocket. I plan on puting a small kit housed in a K & D match case in this pocket. I hope it fits. It looks like it will. Anybody tried it?

Let me know how this works. I have a K&M, and would love to have a set up like that myself.

Dude you are killing me. That is a great set up, and you release it just after I got my two. I really like the bigger rod, will it fit one of Hood's large rods?

AJ, that sheath holds a 3/8" diameter ferro rod. You have to get that sheath from Knivesshipfree.com.
Scott

Got my sheath today. PSK and K & M both fit. PSK is a little tight but should loosen up. K & K fits fine. I even think I can fit it and a blank fire steel in the same slot. I am going to order me a blank and give it a try. I have a small fishing kit and some waterproof matches in the K & M currently. If the firesteel fits it should round out to be a nice small kit and real convient to carry.

I just ordered the version mrpink linked to. Can't wait to get it. Looks like a great carry option.

cddogfan1, is this the version you bought?

CD, if you wet form the sheath, the PSK knife will fit better. Wrap the knife in plastic wrap so it doesn't rust.
Scott

Thanks Scott I was going to ask you about that. Scott how about a sharpening tutorial. I usualy use a lanskey style clamp system and ceramic sticks but I want to sharpen my new knives the best and most effective. I got a strop and two diffrent compounds with my sheath order. I am going to try and give it a try. Any advice would be much appreciated. Troutfisher that is the exact sheath I got. I have tried it out today and plan on carrying it alot next week. So far I like it. Knife and Kit together are real convient.

CD, look at troutfisher's "First Gossman" thread. I've got pics sharpening with a diamond rod. The strop works well for my edges.
Scott

Troutfisher that is the exact sheath I got. I have tried it out today and plan on carrying it alot next week. So far I like it. Knife and Kit together are real convient.

Yeah, I carry my K&M a lot, and its usually pretty uncomfortable sitting in the bottom of my pocket. This looks like a great way to carry it and a good knife comfortably. I should be able to switch the K&M and my Fenix L1D also. Thanks for the idea!:thumbup:

I just got mine. Its a great little sheath! Holds my slabless PSK snugly. I will do a tiny review after carrying it this weekend.

Back