micarta for beckers??

gnw1209

BANNED
anyone know if ka-bar is going to offer aftermarket micarta handles?
and if they dont where can i buy them?
I've seen them on other beckers but cant seem to find any for sale.

anyone know if ka-bar is going to offer aftermarket micarta handles?
and if they dont where can i buy them?
I've seen them on other beckers but cant seem to find any for sale.

You picked a good time to ask. The new micarta scales will be shown at this weekend's Blade show and will, presumably, be on sale at Ka-Bar's site shortly. They will fit all the Becker's except for the BK-11. Micarta handles will also be shown for the BK-11, but I don't know if they'll be on sale quite as soon.

Will they be dimensionally identical to the original Grivory ones?

I have custom leather and want to know if upgrading will change the fit.

The new micarta scales are dimensionally identical to the original scales. If the original scales fit your leather, the new ones will, too.

Will they be dimensionally identical to the original Grivory ones?

I have custom leather and want to know if upgrading will change the fit.

Who made the leather? I'm interested in both the micarta and some leather pants. :thumbup:

Who made the leather? I'm interested in both the micarta and some leather pants. :thumbup:
He's a guy I know that started buying Busse blades and they come with no sheaths at all, so he got into leatherwork just to keep himself in pants. I asked if he could put something together because I hated the rattle in the ChiCom sheath it comes with. He agreed reluctantly but has stated that he doesn't want to get into the sheath making business :jerkit:. I can, however, post a pic and gloat. :D

Now all I need is some Micarta and I'll be all set.

2csdwed.jpg

Back