Micarta- LMF vs KaBar

Who has the LMF (Joe) scales for big Beckers and the Ka bar micartas too

How do they compare? Do you like LMFs better than the ka bar micarta

The LMF Joe's scales come the press fit round nut and socket head bolt, black stainless and looks they fit tighter in the drilled holes, from the picture

I have a set of LMF micarta I got for a Esee 6 and the LMFs are pretty nice, and nice bulk/ palm swell feel in your hand. Makes the Esee feel as good as a Becker handle profile

I have Lmf on a few. The advantage is I had him thicken them up and you have more color options that's about it other wise KaBar's are fine also lmf's bolt set up is different.If you want them for the 1/4" blades eather would be fine. I put VZ's on my 20 no liner hit the checkering a tiny bit with sandpaper and absolutely like them.

The only have micartas on my Esee 6 LMFs and my Junglas. I like the feel of the canvas micarta.

I have some TommytheWho olive scales and I just took them back off my 10 and put the blacks back on. The wood scales were alittle thinner at the tang edges (not as beefy and rounded)and the metal was proud of the wood. They looked good but the stock givorys feel better and beefyer ... The olive woods were too pretty or something for my "user" knife....

Maybe Ill put the olive woods on my 5 with some liners.

Want to try some micartas on my 10 since I like the feel

Lmf Joe does a great work. I had him thicken up three sets with red g-10 liners to the size of the Camillus Beckers. To me it's a HOMERUN.

Joe does fantastic work. He can also add permanent liners along with giving you better color options. I have a set on one of my 21's.

Back