Michael Walker Production Designs

I just got a CRKT Bladelock 2 (thanks Danny!), What a neat knife! Definitely (spelling?) IMO the coolest CRKT knife! If you feel like adding your input, I have some questions.
Does anybody have any other Walker designed knives?
I was looking at the Spyderco/Klotzli one, is it worth $200+ dollars?
How are Bokers offerings?
Are there any other companies that make his designs?

Thanks.

The Spyderco/Walker design, built primarily by Klotzli is finely constructed. However, I think the thumbhole is too small (at least based on its placement), the Carbon Fiber scales are too slippery and too precious(I like matte finish CF better). However, the blade grind is sweet. There was a short period when they were being sold in the $200 - $250 range here on BF and on Ebay, but I haven't seen one in months.

I would also recommend the Klotzli/Walker "Sailor" design. My personal favorite of the production Walkers. Nice high polish ATS-34 sheepsfoot blade with etch stainless overlays. Nice size and very thin. You can pick these up for less than $200 at a couple of internet dealers.

I just picked up one of the Bladelock 2's today. I like the blade shape. I don't know if this will turn out to be something I actually carry or not, but it is sure cool!

I have a PE Spyderco/Walker w/a zytel handle. I believe it's also called the Lightweight. Great little knife, I got it at a gun/knife show for $40.00. I carried it today at work and I forgot it was even there so I guess that means that it's name is correct. They may be a little difficult to find since they're discontinued but it would be well worth the effort.

Back