Michigan Blade Laws

i resently have had some trouble with people "sneeking" around and mugging people in my area with knives and other blades... i own a sword and don't want to get arrested for carrying it around for protection... it would be uncovered and shown openly(of course it will stay in its scabbard until needed)... so i was wondering if any of you guys could help me out with the laws, all i got from the weapon stores in my area(which arn't that good) is that all i need is a concealed weapon permit.. but that wouldn't make sence if it was to be carried in the open... so can you guys please help me oh yeah the blade on it is about 3 ft and if is a falcion style :D.

-Gohan

I'm not form Michigan, but carrying a sword in NYC is an easy way to get shot rather quickly. It may cause some people to pick a fight with you. If I carried a Sword down in Hunts Point here in the Bronx, I would have someone bust a .38 in my ass! Second of all, hitting a target is very hard to do. Shooting is much different. If I were in your case, I would get a good can of OC. Learn to use a Good knife, and take some pistol traing courses and get a GOOD carry pistol like certain .38, .357 revolvers, glock pistols, Sig Sauers, and many milsurps (Colt,Springfield armory, etc. Check with your local gun store) may be suitable. Check into Less than leathal weapons. Too. A sword (perhaps a Cane sword) may be good but it only gives you ONE option. As I have said it may also draw trouble with it.

there isn't really a problem with guns it is the blades in my area and i don't like to engage into anytype of fight unless it is a close match for my opponent or opponents(sp?)... one my friends grandparents was mugged at knife point and i am by far the strongest and largest of my friends so now i take the protector role for my friends and family... i don't fear being shot... and i am a good swordsman... i also carry my dirk strapped to my back in a sling type set up... oh yeah i am a great shot with a gun but i just don't approve of them for that use,so thanks for your comments though i really appreciate them.

-Gohan

Back