Mick's New Custom "S.L.C.C."

Status
Not open for further replies.

pm

BANNED
slccgroup.jpg

we're calling it the "S.L.C.C." for now; "S.lim L.ine C.oncealed C.arry".

this is a new model from Mick designed for low profile carry and use. made for IWB or intergrated with other modes of carry. these new knives will be offered in upto 3 materials; BG-42, Talonite, and Titanium.

the prototypes shown here are in ti and talonite, with tiger stripes still achievable in both the talonite and titanium. the tiger stripe finish on the ti is especially kickass. :eek: :D

blade length is 4" with a 7" OAL. about a 0.125" thickness. both blade materials in the protos shown here are non-mag.

one mode of carry is designed specifically to integrate with the map pocket found in the TAD Explorer jacket. simple 2 snap rigging sets up quick and replaces the standard map pouch which normally fits inside that pocket.

the large hole in the handle facilitates quick draws but not for grasping while in use. Mick does not adhere to the finger-in-handle philosophy. this could be a vulnerable point while in use or defense; ie., finger breakage.

when UPS showed up today both Josh and Evan went straight for the box marked "Strider". these awesome goodies were inside...;)

these should be available for sale in the coming weeks...

slcc-ti2.jpg

dude-that is effin' sweet!

I'm so behind! I'm still waiting for my MFS!

droooool.....

cheers,
Derek

I definitely want one...if I can afford it. Will a non magnetic sheath be available?

Kublai,
Non magnetic does not mean it won't show up on an airport metal detector. If that is what you are after.

Evan and I were just about wrestling each other to see the knives out of the box first today. ;)

The tiger stripe ti and talonite were killa!

R. Spear, we won't answer pricing here directly on the forums. As part of TAD and a "dealership", to do so would give a certain "Herr. K.S." a reason to stomp down.

Give one of us an email direct and we'll be happy to answer more "commercial" questions off-thread.

-Josh

Knifebomber - Yes, I am aware of that. In NYC, there are metal detectors all over the place and most are not set to a very sensitive level. ti blades pass through them with ease. As you know, I'm sure, ti blades also pass through many airport detectors with ease, just not the handheld ones.

But honestly, it's the cool factor more than anything else. :)

Ok, I'm through. You want imply I'm a nazi now, Josh? Fine.

I've just refunded your dealer membership. Your posting priviledges will be turned off shortly.

I've bent over backwards to be civil about dealing with you, and at every turn you've spit in my face. I have no need to do business with people who act like this.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back