Micra or Squirt, need advice.

I want a small light multi-tool that I can carry around anyware. Ive narrowed it down to either the Leatherman Micra or the Leatherman Squirt P4. Does anyone has any first hand experiance with these products? Id really appreciate some opinions here. Thanks in advance.

The Squirt P4 is pliar based, and the Micra sissor based. I just got my brother the P4, and was playing around with it. I like it so much i wil get one for myself too. The pliers are decent for their size and will be able to handle all sorts of little little things I often use my Wave for, although people have broken them trying to cut coat hanger. The only thing I wish it had is a proper philips head. The tools open smoothly and and are overall well finished. No experience with the Micra, but if the Squirt has the tools you want, you'll be more than happy with it.

The file on the P4 looks better two and should work on steel. I am not so sure about the one on the Micra.

If you meant to compare the Micra to the Squirt S4, they both seem to have the same tools.

Will

Thanks for the input :D Ive been leaning towards the Squirt since yesterday when I got a chance to take a look at it in the store, it seems quite nice. Im gonna look at the Micra today and see what kind of impression it leaves. But now Im starting to like the juice lineup, they seem nice aswell :confused: :grumpy: :rolleyes: I just cant make up my mind!
Anyone else got some advice for a fellow multi-knife nut?

-dude

[digidude] said:
I want a small light multi-tool that I can carry around anyware. Ive narrowed it down to either the Leatherman Micra or the Leatherman Squirt P4. Does anyone has any first hand experiance with these products? Id really appreciate some opinions here. Thanks in advance.

These are two different critters. Micra offers a usable scissors, nail file and tweezers, good for personal grooming, while the P4 has fine little pliers and a double sided file more useful for wood and metal. A better comparison would be between Micra v. Squirt S4, in which case I would choose the Micra. While the S4 has a nicer feel and more convenient access to the tools, the Micra has better drivers and cap lifter. Also, it's been selling for @ half Squirt prices, a good deal.

After experience with all three I returned the S4 and carry a Micra and P4 either seperately or both, depending on what else I might be toting on a given day. All are well designed, well made products and if personal preference guides your choice, you won't go wrong.

Well I decided to go with the P4. The plyers are a lot more useful to me then the scissors. Thanks to those who offered advice, my Dad liked the p4 aswell so he is getting one aswell.

-dude

p.s a Mod should lock this since Ive already decided.

I like the Micra well enough, but it is simply too heavy and clunky for carrying every day in my pocket. The fit and finish falls far short of those of any SAK, including the MiniChamp, my EDC. The Micra would be good if you use scissors very often or for heavy-duty tasks, such as cutting thick twine or cardboard.

On the other hand, if you find pliers to be more handy, then the P4 may be the way you should go. Personally, I find scissors to be more useful. If I need pliers, my Swiss-Tech MicroPlus usually suffices. If not, then I pull out my CyberTool 41, and escalate from there to either my Wave or my SwissTool R/S.

Back