Micra sharpening question.

Not sure if this would be the right place to ask, but here it goes. Quite simply does anybody have any tips on sharpening a Leatherman Micra's sissors? I dulled mine cutting a thick ziptie yesterday and now they're not cutting well at all. I know, sissors probably weren't the best tool for said job, but I was in a hurry.

Thanks!

Open them, and sharpen like a chisel ground knife. Don't know really what with the angle.

Zwaplat said:
Open them, and sharpen like a chisel ground knife. Don't know really what with the angle.

Yeah I figured that, it's just it's kind of a tight space to get into with most sharpeners.

Thank you I'd been meaning to get round to sharpening mine for ages :)

Whilst it's a bit tight the Sharpmaker rod fits. I just cleaned the "flat" side up witha couple of flat swipes then just rested the rod on the bevel and moved the rod away from the pivot with a gentle filing action using the flat of the rod.
Back to the flat side and with a very shallow agle two swipes removed the bur.

In the absence of a Sharpmaker I'd try the same with a bit of wet and dry paper on a loly stick or similar.

The Sharpmaker works ok on the Micra or the S4 . You can also use the rods like a file if its more comfortable. Mark your edge with a sharpe.

Back