How To Micro scratches from kitchen sponge pad

I Was trying to clean some tape residue and grease off the blade.
optimal procedure in order
1) first, de-greasing with paper towel and alcohol or acetone. all grease gone, only dirty adhesive residues left over.
2) use adhesive tape (most types work, some better than others) to pluck off those dirty residues. only minor residues left over, nice!
3) doht even think about using alcohol or acetone to dissolve the minor residues.
4) use fresh adhesive tape and continue to pluck off all residues. pretty much no residues left over!
5) give your best efforts with the plucking
6) just continue plucking anyway, until the blade is 100.0% cleaned that way
7) say thanks and leave in piece

It's happened to me in the past as well. Luckily it was a cheaper knife back before I bought the more expensive ones. I couldn't believe that it scratched it that bad as well. Live and learn I suppose.
It sort of looks like there was something lodged in the pad. Sand or metal? Some manufacturing contaminants?

Them green pads can act like sandpaper. They even scratch glass. Put a new inspection sticker on my windshield. Got the old one off with one of them green pads. Now the glass is scratched. Sometimes you're the bat sometimes you're the ball.

It sort of looks like there was something lodged in the pad. Sand or metal? Some manufacturing contaminants?
That wasn’t the exact pad. I found that one in the garage for an example picture of the brand I used.

That wasn’t the exact pad. I found that one in the garage for an example picture of the brand I used.
I was going by the scratches on the knife and how spread out they are. Just presenting a different possibility. Doesn’t change anything anyway.

I messed up a wind shield on an old car of mine scrubbing some caked on gunk. Not bad enough to replace the glass, but I could see it with certain light conditions.

Back